Magazine Bumpers?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

1096369fred

Bearcat
Hey Guys!

I just traded an AR for a SR1911 commander, after a light action job, I added a mag funnel.... While I use Wilson 47b magazines..... I would like to use the factory magazines for fun..... Since I added the mag funnel.... I need to add bumpers to the factory mags...... Does anyone know which bumpers will fit the threaded holes on the factory magazines?

Thanks!
Fred

And because without pics it didn't happen......

1096369fred

Bearcat
Yeah these are the 7 round mags.... I checked Brownells and they have several types of bumpers..... Midway too.....
But I would rather not buy the wrong ones... The screw holes are on a 0.54 center.

Thanks!
Fred

1096369fred

Bearcat
Thanks pendennis,

I'll likely try the Ed Browns.... Will report back..... " For the good of the order!", if they fit!

Thank ya Sir!
F.

larro123

Bearcat
I bought some bumpers off Ebay back in July and had to tap the holes in my Chip McCormick mags. I had some issues (broke a tap) and called this guy who sold me the bumpers. He is a stand-up guy and offered to let me ship him my mags and he would tap them for free and return them to me. I ended up doing it myself with his helpful tips. I'm sure he could answer any of your questions about compatibility;

Dan Buchanan

Custom Defensive Products
775-392-3151
Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM Pacific Time
[email protected]

WWW.CUSTOMDEFENSIVEPRODUCTS COM

BucolicBuffalo

Single-Sixer
When I got my lightly used SR1911 fullsize, it came with two Ruger 8 round mags. One of the bumpers was broken. And that magazine also had the last round in it hang up every time. I ordered the bumpers and a follower with spring from Wilson Combat, and it fit as if it was made for it.

For the Ruger 7 round magazines that do not have a bumper one them, I just tried some from Brownells (p/n 169-500-002WB) and the holes line up with no modification needed. They come with self tapping screws (4-40) but to make things easier, just run a 4-40 tap through the preexisting holes. Screw them on and they fit perfectly. You get 3 (plus the screws) for less than $10.

NJITMetal

Bearcat
I just used two 6-packs of the Ed Browns with no issues. This was on Springfield mags but I think the holes are pretty standard.

edlmann

Blackhawk
BucolicBuffalo said:
When I got my lightly used SR1911 fullsize, it came with two Ruger 8 round mags. One of the bumpers was broken. And that magazine also had the last round in it hang up every time. I ordered the bumpers and a follower with spring from Wilson Combat, and it fit as if it was made for it.
The 8-round Ruger mags are apparently made by Checkmate.

See if these at 44mag.com look familiar:

cm458shext_1_600.jpg

JTQ

Bearcat
The Ruger mags are probably made by Checkmate. Ed Brown also uses CheckMate mags, so if you got Ed Brown bumper pads they should work.

Top Gun Supply sells CheckMate mags and pads. Here are the pads. http://www.topgunsupply.com/magazines/1911/check-mate/1911-bumper-pads.html