M77 MKII Trigger Best?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ronniet

Single-Sixer
Tried to search it on the forum but nothing satified me.
I am sure many of you have changed or improved the terrible trigger on your MKII.
Which is the best, brand, type?
looking to get it around 3.5 pound not too much creep.
Without much fittting.
thanks you
Ron

mattsbox99

Hunter
Just take the factory one out, put in a click pen spring instead of the factory spring and smooth up the edge. Super easy and nearly free and results are excellent.

Coop

Blackhawk
I've never had a problem with trigger pull on my 1996 22-250 KM77VT MK II bull barreled Target Rifle, S/N 783-937XX. With its Leupold 12X AO Varmint scope, it shoots sub - 2" groups at 300 yards from a bi-pod.

Coop

rugerlovah

Single-Sixer
I had mine cleaned up by a trusted gunsmith. cost was less than a timney replacement or rifle basix. i don't know how he did it, but he removed all of the creep, and even did some modification to take out all of the overtravel. it breaks like a glass rod at 2.75#. If you have a gunsmith you trust, this is the route I would take.

Bearcat
I bought mine used, like new. The previous owner must have had some work done to the trigger because it is great. I would not want to mess with it.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
A clean 3.5# trigger is easily done w/ the stock trigger. I think Ruger will replace it w/ a LC6. While these are generally better out of the box they still benefit from a little work the same as the older trigger. Haven't had any done lately. Easy to do by a good smith, probably $50?

hadjii

Bearcat
I replaced my trigger on my Hawkeye 257 with a timney. best thing I ever did. If the LC6 is the best Ruger can do for a factory trigger, they could probably learn a thing or two from Savage, Sako, or Remington.

Silent Sam

Blackhawk
Well there are triggers and then there are triggers. If you want adjustability and pull under 2# you probably want a replacement. If you want a good hunting trigger the stock triggers, both the older style and the LC6 can be made very nice. A clean 3.5# stock trigger is not hard to get.