m77 mark ii Stock

Help Support Ruger Forum:

thasaint87

Bearcat
I am looking for a black synthetic thumbhole stock for my ruger m77 mark II and I am not very knowledgable about stock sizes. Everywhere I look I only find 10/22 stocks and mini14/mini thirty stocks which im guessing neither will fit. Can anyone help me out about sizes and/or where to find one like I am looking for?

Thanks

Al James

Hunter
You first need to figure out if it is a short action or a long action. This is based on the cartridge length. .223rem ,.243win,.308win etc are short actions. .270win, 30-06sprg, are long actions. The 10/22 and mini are very different that the MKII stocks. You need a MKII stock. Let us know what you have and we will give you some leads.

thasaint87

Bearcat
my caliber is .270 so its a long action. Most places that do offer ruger m77 stocks tell me they offer the older model and not the mark ii (Bell and Carlson). All I want is a black synthetic thumbhole stock for my mark ii AHHHHH!!!

thasaint87

Bearcat
the stock I have now is the black synthetic skeleton stock. Anyone know if I can get a decent price for that since I am wanting a thumbhole anyway?