M77 International Stainless

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NYC_Shooter

Bearcat
Trey Whitley":2jl1i720 said:
NYC_Shooter":2jl1i720 said:
but with the prices people are asking for these rifles and that scope being a custom shop item, the price of this little setup is really creeping up on me
Find an FFL in your area that deals with Lipsey's and you should be able to save yourself a bunch when the next one comes out...lots of folks on the internet gun sales websites are asking in the $1,000 range for these, but I'm pretty sure I got my 6.5x55 for under $600 (dealer cost plus a small fee).

Thanks for the info! I just checked the Lipsey's site and found 1 Long Island dealer listed. The .250 Savage appears to still be available if I'm reading their website right. I will call tomorrow to find out what he can do for me.

Bozack

Single-Sixer
NYC_Shooter, I know what you mean about the public range. I shoot at Brookhaven also. It is still better than the other option to us here on LI. I can't help you with finding the gun your looking for but know what it should look like. My brother has a tang saftey M77 RSI in .250 Savage with a Bushnell Banner 1.75 - 4.5x. It has been the first centerfire rifle fired by many people. It is also a dandy little gun to carry afield. Here is a pic.
Picture068.jpg

NYC_Shooter

Bearcat
Bozack":1j7ua1sp said:
NYC_Shooter, I know what you mean about the public range. I shoot at Brookhaven also. It is still better than the other option to us here on LI. I can't help you with finding the gun your looking for but know what it should look like. My brother has a tang saftey M77 RSI in .250 Savage with a Bushnell Banner 1.75 - 4.5x. It has been the first centerfire rifle fired by many people. It is also a dandy little gun to carry afield. Here is a pic.
Picture068.jpg

8)

That is one fine looking rifle!

By the way, it's nice to know there are some like minded local shooters! While the range itself is not bad at all, I've been there a time or two where the general public made me wish my long term goal of buying some land in PA could come true sooner rather than later :wink:

Brad

Bearcat
I'm a fan of the 77 RSI's, just not of the Lipseys stainless version (gaudy, game-spooking, shiny stainless).

For me it's too bad Ruger doesn't offer limited runs in the Hawkeye RSI... to my eyes the best of the RSI's.

I've had tang safety 77 RSI's in 250 Savage and 7x57 and a MKII RSI in 308.

The 308 was exceedingly accurate, the other two, not so much.

Brad

Bearcat
I'm a fan of the 77 RSI's, just not of the Lipseys stainless version (gaudy, game-spooking, shiny stainless).

For me it's too bad Ruger doesn't offer limited runs in the Hawkeye RSI... to my eyes the best of the RSI's.

I've had tang safety 77 RSI's in 250 Savage and 7x57 and a MKII RSI in 308.

The 308 was exceedingly accurate, the other two, not so much.

The other thing I'd prefer would be an RSI with a 20" barrel.