M77 30/06 help-

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gt52842

Bearcat
I just picked a M-77 .30/06 in the 76-95xxx range which puts it to being made in 1982( I think) I have no manual for it to tell me if it has an adjustable trigger or not , any info on this would be helpful, Thanks, Gary :)

fyimo

Bearcat
If it has a tang safety then it has an adjustable trigger. The only adjustment is the trigger pull weight and that screw is a allen screw in the bottom of the trigger when you look up at it. You back the screw out a little and try it the trigger until you get the triger weight you like or is the minimum that it can be adjusted to. The I put a small dab of nail polish on it.

gt52842

Bearcat
I posted this request because the members on this forum have a very in depth ability to help much sooner, and I also have the up most respect for their knowledge of Ruger guns, Gary.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
Questions like yours is what I think this forum is for. If I can't help out with an answer I usually learn something new by keeping up with posts like yours.

mattsbox99

Hunter
rugerjunkie":3cwg6vd8 said:
Can you comprehend any of my post? It was not to you or asking for an answer from you. Don't you wonder why most of your posts here on the forum are ignored? Very rarely do I see a post from you actually being helpful. More than not it seems to be a smart ass remark or belittling someone...almost like a ploy for attention eh? I'd bet a quick glance at your 148 posts would confirm my remarks.

That is all I have to say and will now continue to ignore you like I usually do.

Honesty is the best policy...

JT - You are a jerk, get over yourself. I've noted the same thing and you are not helpful in any way whatsoever. Life is easier when you are polite to people. You could have easily worded your suggestion to get a manual from Ruger a lot better and you would be much better off.

fyimo

Bearcat
I have the owners manual and other then mentioning the adjustment screw by number in the parts diagram the only other thing they tell you is how to increase the trigger pull weight but not how to decrease. They put this in print and they tell not to decrease it. I think they feel they can avoid any liability issue by doing this. Other then the parts diagram which I like the rest of the manual is pages and pages of warnings and how to load and unload the gun.

fyimo

Bearcat
Thanks, It seems there is always someone like that who makes it difficult to provide answers to people's questions because they make it a challenge of some kind not based on facts or reason.

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
flatgate":1ov0vql3 said:
Gentlemen,
Sorry about the rude posts that were in this thread.
flatgate

I too apologize(except to "JT") if I was in any way out of line. Removed my comments that were not related to the original post.

Now if we could hear back from Gary to see if he figured out his rifle...

gt52842

Bearcat
rugerjunkie":1kgw2itf said:
flatgate":1kgw2itf said:
Gentlemen,
Sorry about the rude posts that were in this thread.
flatgate

I too apologize(except to "JT") if I was in any way out of line. Removed my comments that were not related to the original post.

Now if we could hear back from Gary to see if he figured out his rifle...
Yes I do have the adjustable trigger on my M-77, and I also want to thank all of you for your help. Flatgate thank you again for stepping in, I did not mean to cause any problems, Gary.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
I guess the rude remark - whatever it was - has distracted folks from the 76- prefix. The 76 prefix was only used on the Colorado Centennial Single Six. It must be a 75 prefix on the M77 to have been made in 1982. Just an observation.

gt52842

Bearcat
OldRugerMan":155mvgrz said:
I guess the rude remark - whatever it was - has distracted folks from the 76- prefix. The 76 prefix was only used on the Colorado Centennial Single Six. It must be a 75 prefix on the M77 to have been made in 1982. Just an observation.
You are right Old Ruger Man I did enter the wrong prefix it is a 79- prefix, thanks for pointing that out . My eyes are even starting to put horns on does and cow elks. Oh By the way how the hunting been out your way so far? Have a good one everybody, Gary.