M1 Carbine Magazines

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
Only 60$ for a milsurp magazine that was manufactured in the (tens of?) millions.

Has me wondering if any of the new manufacturer magazines are any good. I see Inland has one that is stainless with a nitride finish.

toysoldier

Hunter
Given the many references I have seen to the inadequacies of factory mags, I would be inclined to look at magazines from a reputable manufacturer.

Thanks for the info.
I still have a couple still in the wrapper:)

1660430445721.png

hittman

Staff member
I still have a couple still in the rapper:)
Me too, just like yours. In wrapper and in their pouches!
When I bought mine, I knew it was a super nice Inland 3/44. Also knew I was paying a premium price for it. What I did NOT know was when the seller said he’d include the mags, it would be a BUNCH of them and many other accessories. Gotta love this forum. This is where I was offered it.

loaded round

Hunter
You can still buy 15 round M-1 Mags at most gun shows for 2-3 bucks apiece. The 30 rounders are about double that. What's CMP selling them for these days?

NikA

Buckeye
You can still buy 15 round M-1 Mags at most gun shows for 2-3 bucks apiece. The 30 rounders are about double that. What's CMP selling them for these days?
You must be going to different guns shows. Used GI 15rd examples are in the range of 15-20 dollars that I've seen. 30rd GI magazines are practically collectibles based on the pricing.

harley08

Single-Sixer
I have a small box full of original 15rd mags and some original 30 rd mags (not new repro stuff)

moparclan

Bearcat
Several months ago Midway and J&G were trying to sell at $99 each, must of not worked out to well for them. I ordered 4 of the Underwood grade 2 for $23 each. They could of all been grade one except lacking the wrapping. Have plenty in wrapping so that wasn't a necessity. Several years ago I got 4 new in the wrapper SEY 30 round hardbacks for $20 each. Opened one and it functions perfectly, as do all my 15 rounders. Have even had good luck with the Korean made 15 and 30 rounders.
M1c.mag.15sk.1.jpg

Busterswoodshop

Buckeye
CDNN Sports has some. They are not original , so I don't know how good they are , but they are around $15-$18 a piece.
Then of course they have a shipping charge of $9.00 regardless of how many.
Buy enough stuff and shipping is free.

Latest posts