M-77 22 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gt52842

Bearcat
How is the accuracy of the Ruger M-77 22 mag. both with the open sights, or with a 4X scope? :?: Plan on using it for small critters and rabbits. I just bought new one on line tonight that comes with both open sights and Ruger scope rings. Thanks for your time and info, Gary.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Thats the same gun I have, and it shoots 1/2" groups at 100 yards with HSM ammo, that is no longer made, but the Hornady 30 grain V Max and Remington 33 grain Accutip are both very accurate.

I never shot mine with the open sights, bit I'd have no doubt it is very accurate with them. It would make a great survival rifle if necessary.

pete44ru

Hunter
I bought a 77/22RSM, when they were first introduced, because I couldn't find a sightless 77/22RM, and shot/hunted it for 15 years before I decided I really wanted an RM because I never used the iron sights, and liked the clean look better - even though it was certainly accurate enough.

So, I sold it, and shot other WMR's for the intervening years (some of which I still have), until I ran across a newer 77/22RM, that has the stainless bolt handle, two years ago.

It shoots around 1/2" +/- @ 100yds, depending upon the ammo - and ME doing my part !

I have a Leupy 4x Rimfire Compact on it - probably THE classic 77/22 scope.

Latest posts