Lubricants

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
Lubriplate was good enough for my M1 and then M14 when I deployed back when and it damn sure works great on the rails of all my semi autos regardless of make or model. Cheaper than all those exotic lubes that smell and taste like Mai Tai cocktails and works better also!

Snake45

Hawkeye
loaded round said:
Lubriplate was good enough for my M1 and then M14 when I deployed back when and it damn sure works great on the rails of all my semi autos regardless of make or model. Cheaper than all those exotic lubes that smell and taste like Mai Tai cocktails and works better also!
You know what they taste like? :shock:

Psb1911

Single-Sixer
I use Lubriplate that my dad brought back from the Korean war!

And so it goes!!!!!

dickn52

Bearcat
Snake45 said:
loaded round said:
You do too most likely. Lubriplate is used by Hobart to oil deli slicers because it is not harmful if injested.

Snake45

Hawkeye
dickn52 said:
Snake45 said:
loaded round said:
You do too most likely. Lubriplate is used by Hobart to oil deli slicers because it is not harmful if injested.
Interesting.

I had to quit using Break Free CLP in the spray can because I couldn't stand the smell. It's not an unpleasant smell, but if you get any on your hands, you can't get rid of the smell for 4 or 5 days and every time your hand gets near your face (such as eating, smoking, scratching, etc.) you have to smell it again. This gets tedious after the first 24 hours. The stuff in the little squirt bottles doesn't seem to have this problem, though.

dickn52

Bearcat
Snake45 said:
loaded round said:
SAT CONG...just notice the signature block. Good on ya brother and thank you. 68-70 LZ Uplift.

budshad

Bearcat
I seem to like the Battleborne products. They're not overtly expensive and you only use a small amount each time. That starter kit l bought last year still has half of each product and I shoot and clean regularly. Meaning 5 times a week at 100 or more rounds a day. But like alot of folks will tell you, in reality, I'm probably wasting my money when a good ole can of Hilco or Balistol would work. Balistol has this sickening smell to me though. I love how it works but I cant stomach that strange smell.

prairieviper

Single-Sixer
For all of my semi-auto pistols, except the .22's, I use red high pressure grease, that I normally buy from the farm supply store, on the slide rails (If it's good enough for my John Deere equipment, it's good enough for my pistols). I use CLP everywhere else.

Like others have already mentioned, most any quality lube will work just fine.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I use EEZOX on all of my firearms, for cleaning and lubrication. It dries and lubricates dry, and does not attract dirt.

capecuddy

Bearcat
I'm getting an amazon delivery for Militec-1 lube. Kinda weird in that you are supposed to heat up the gun before you apply it. Heard lots of great things about it, hence I'm trying it on a sticky new Security 9 and then I'll try it on the other guns. The one that really needs it is the SA 1911 9mm full size.

45flattop

Single-Sixer
I use BreakFree CLP as a general purpose lubricant and the Rig+P Stainless Variant on
my auto slide rails, works quite well without a hitch on several 1911s both Stainless and
Blue.

Ordguy

Single-Sixer
Hoppe's Elite Gun Oil has worked well for me on all my firearms no matter what the temperature is. Though I also use a dab of Lubriplate on my milsurp long guns.

New pistol I bought from the PX included a sample of Lucas Extreme Duty gun oil; its blueish in color and somewhat thick. Didn't know Lucas produced gun oil; don't matter though as it isn't sold in this area.

tinman

Buckeye
Been using Mobil 1 for many years on pretty much everything from pistols to machine guns. I have 6 unopened cans of Ballistol.....that I might try some day.