Love those 32's

Help Support Ruger Forum:

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
just picked up a new 32 cal pistol today thought I would show them off. Top to bottom 327 federal blackhawk, 327 federal sp101, consecutive pair of 32 H&r mag single sixes then the two birds head 32 H&r mag single sixes. I have a mold that throws a 92 gr round nose flat point that is a ball to shoot and squirrel hunt with. I need to call freedome arms to see if they still have some 327 brass then I can start working up a load for the black hawk.Steve
32cals.jpg

RUFFBIRD

Blackhawk
Oh yes,.....I too love them fine .32 rugers. I sure wish we could import those .327 BH's into canada. I would have one ASAP..... :cry:
I do feel fortunate to have the ones I do have!
Thanks for sharing your sweet collection with us..... 8)

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
I've been sittin on the fence whether to buy a 32 or not, I may just have to "pull the trigger" soon! Very nice woodpile!

dougader

Hunter
I didn't start shooting 32's until last year. What a mistake that was. I never realized what I was missing. I enjoy them a heck of a lot more than the .22's and to cast or order 1,000 bullets for handloading is super cheap.

Accurate, fun, with plenty "pop" so you feel like you're shooting a real gun.

callshot

Blackhawk
I haven't shot mine enough yet. Will soon, if spring ever gets here. Last I checked the varmints are still wearing winter coats and snow shoes. :? Steve

BearHawk 357

Single-Sixer
woodpile,

What are your thoughts on the 327 Blackhawk? I just picked one up myself and I think that it has the potential to become my favorite revolver. I still need to shoot it first before I come to a final opinion about that. I think that I'm gonna really like these 32's as I have already placed a 327 GP-100 on lay-away as well. The GP and the BH will make a great "pair" of 32's to shoot and load for. I picked up 6 boxes of Federal Personal Defense ammo for it when I bought the BH (I paid too much @ $18/box but at least I have something to shoot for now).

The 327 Fed Mag is kind of an odd yet interesting loading. I think that's why I like it. You know, I like it for similar reasons that guys like 41 mag's and 44 spl's, I guess. The 32's also seem to have that similar "cult following" in a way.

What, would you guys think, is the largest game that could be hunted with a 327? I bought the Blackhawk as kind of a plinker. However, I have been hearing about some stout 327 loads that some folks have been working on.....loads stout enough for medium-sized, thin-skinned game. The BH ought to be able to handle a fairly amped-up 327 load if so desired. Now, before a thousand guys pile on the old, "why don't you just use a 44 mag for hunting?" comment, let me just say: bla bla bla. We've heard that one a million times. I am wanting to hear opinions, about the hunting limitations, of the 327 (and only the 327...not what it can be compared to).

So, what game could the 327 handle? Dare I say the d-word?

I'm going to say (at least for now): anything up to coyotes for the 327. What do you guys think?

Again, nice collection of 32's.....woodpile (your stainless birdshead single-six, that you have there, is on my short list).

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
I would not use it for deer. I personaly would like a little more bullet for that. I have hunted a lot of deer using the 41 mag. I will be using the blackhawk mainly for small game and varmit shooting. Steve

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
When ruger announced they were going to make the 327 blackhawk I was already in the process of building a 327 bisley. Now I have shifted the focus and will build it into a 32-20 instead. I already got the barrel blank and cylinder blank. Steve