Love the Ruger Blackhawk 41 magnums!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DennisE

Single-Sixer
I'm now the proud owner of 2 of them: 6.5" and 4.62". I'm very pleased with both of them. I've loaded up 500 rounds with 210 gr. LSWC bullets and 5.0 gr. of Titegroup for fun at the range. The load is mild and very accurate. Both revolvers have of course been 100% reliable. Going to take the 6.5" over to the other range and see how it does there. How can you not love the 41 magnum?

Velvet

Bearcat
I love the 41 magnum and I have a 5.5" Redhawk in that caliber. I'd like to pick up a nice three screw Blackhawk in 41 someday.

Unfortunately, its been overshadowed by the 44 mag and ammunition companies have largely ignored it.  Definitely a shame. :(

rjwinz

Bearcat
I have both barrel lengths as well. Prefer the longer one. Still thinking about a DA (657) some day. Wish Ruger made them in the GP-100. I think Taurus made them in the Tracker line once upon a time.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
My first handgun is a Ruger NM Blackhawk .41 Mag with 6.5" barrel. Very low S/N dated 1973, and still a pleasure to shoot. I wish I had a Redhawk in that setup with a 4" barrel. Really like that caliber. Powerful but not punishing on the shooter.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
DennisE said:
I'm now the proud owner of 2 of them: 6.5" and 4.62". I'm very pleased with both of them. I've loaded up 500 rounds with 210 gr. LSWC bullets and 5.0 gr. of Titegroup for fun at the range. The load is mild and very accurate. Both revolvers have of course been 100% reliable. Going to take the 6.5" over to the other range and see how it does there. How can you not love the 41 magnum?

If you wanna have some fun, work up or buy some cowboy loads and practice thumb fanning with it. :mrgreen:

Mtneer

Single-Sixer
rjwinz said:
I have both barrel lengths as well. Prefer the longer one. Still thinking about a DA (657) some day. Wish Ruger made them in the GP-100. I think Taurus made them in the Tracker line once upon a time.

Yeah, Taurus DID make them in the Tracker line for a while. I have a 4" one - great firearm even though it's a Taurus. I too wish Ruger would make them in the GP-100. Or even bring the .41 mag back in the Redhawk.

427mach1

Blackhawk
Mtneer said:
I too wish Ruger would make them in the GP-100. Or even bring the .41 mag back in the Redhawk.

They're out there used, you just gotta look for them!

Redhawk_zps2b1ab960.jpg

Aggie01

Blackhawk
The one I wanted did not exist in the wild, so I had it built by Harton.
Old Model .357 Frame, .41 MAG & SPL cylinders.

Arky

Single-Sixer
I am lucky enough to have a Ruger Accusport Bisley, S&W model 57, and a Tracker 4 in.
My Ruger has a very tight .409 groove,

rangerbob

Buckeye
Like chuck buster, I have several including a 6.5" Flat top Blackhawk, a 7.5" Bisley, and a first issue Marlin 1894. I used to have over a dozen Smith's, but have narrowed those down to a M58, a 6" Blue M57, a 4" Nickel 57, a Blue and Nickel 8 3/8" 57, a 4" 657, and a 4" 657 SB Mountain gun S&W built for me when I sent them a M57 with a cracked frame. I've been shooting 41's since 1968. It is truly a handloader's delight. I use everything from TrailBoss to Pro 300MP for powder and even have an original Lyman 410459 Keith mold for bullets. Bob!!! :mrgreen: :D

contender

Ruger Guru
"Only 2 of them????!!!
You are an underachiever"

Gee Kevin, you are also an underachiever. :D I have 8 right now,,, all Rugers. (Just got my 8th one today.) OR,,,, I can say & have 10 of them if you count my Contender barrels. :D

Chuckbuster II

Single-Sixer
contender said:
"Only 2 of them????!!!
You are an underachiever"

Gee Kevin, you are also an underachiever. :D I have 8 right now,,, all Rugers. (Just got my 8th one today.) OR,,,, I can say & have 10 of them if you count my Contender barrels. :D

Ty
You have given me a goal to "shoot for" :)
I would be doing better if a had not come down with a severe case of the SRH.480/7.5-9.5+Ak virus with BFR.475 complications. It now seems to be mutating into a new strain recently identified as Lip_Bis.480/5s_SS.........

I hope I make it....

Bucks Owin

Hunter
I have yet to own a .41 mag and that has always grieved me somewhat as I admire the cartridge greatly. "One of these days" a .410" barreled Blackhawk with my name on it will come along. I think if Ruger had ever offered a long barreled silhouette version I would already have scratched my .41 cal itch...

But enough wool gathering, here's a Paco piece you may enjoy: :wink:

http://www.lasc.us/TaylorPACO41Mag.htm

contender

Ruger Guru
Kevin,,, it looks like KO has us both beat! :D
Nice bunch of 41's there KO!

Now,,, for all of y'all who don't enjoy the 41 mag,,, I want to say; "Thank you for allowing those of us who do appreciate them get more of them!"

foxtrapper

Blackhawk
I have a 41 old model cooking at Alan Harton right now. It is my one and only 41.Gonna be a special one though!

GhosT

Blackhawk
This thread put a smile on my face, cause can remember when the .41 MAGNUM almost died out.

Hits harder than a .357 magnum,shoots flatter and less recoil than a .44 magnum...
Quoting that from the 80's,yet still true.

This round can handle anything from BLACK BEAR....to Squirrels....with the right load.

Owned many a .357, and many a .44 magnum, still own 2 of each........
Never owned a .41 magnum...but shot a few........Accuracy the same as those two.
It is just a KICK ASS mid-range round.

Honestly, in the mid- to late 80's it looked like this round was gonna die out. JMHO
Thrilled it didn't.

210 grains, with a .41 cal met-plate...Can feed ya,protect ya, or just be fun to shoot!

ko41

Bearcat
contender said:
Kevin,,, it looks like KO has us both beat! :D
Nice bunch of 41's there KO!

Now,,, for all of y'all who don't enjoy the 41 mag,,, I want to say; "Thank you for allowing those of us who do appreciate them get more of them!"

Thanks, I've been accumulating .41s since the early '80s.
Wouldn't you know it, after I took that group photo another Ruger showed up!

sprblhkhtr_zpsf1aadfce.jpg

Enjoy your new .41 Magnum DennisE!

How can you not love the .41 Magnum? Indeed.

KO