Lots of Handguns for sale?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dixie884

Blackhawk
I have noticed on several gun related sites that a lot of harder to find handguns seem to be for sale. Is this just because there are a lot of new models for sale or is the sorry economy forcing some to trim back to a lower number of guns. Also is it that more folks are having expensive guns built and need to sell some to cover these beautiful customs. Anyone got an opinion?

eveled

Hawkeye
If you are talking older hard to find models, the guys who have had them for the last 50 years or so, are fading fast. So the guns are finally seeing the light of day.

Newer guns, could be any of the reasons you listed.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I'm not sure you can pin it to any of those reasons. I've seen this come and go and would it attribute it to one of life's basic rules: many things in life are like quail, they show up in coveys.

During the last Obama scare there were a lot of interesting guns that became available as folks traded in whatever they had to buy over priced black rifles. Not sure what's gong on now. A few months ago I had two High Standard Victors show up a week apart at a LGS. :?:

dixie884

Blackhawk
Speaking of guns being available for sale, There are more original .44 Mag flat tops available online than I have ever seen.

32magfan

Blackhawk
The only thing I have noticed is that the number of guns up for sale that I like is inversely proportional to the money I have to buy them :roll: It does seem that from time to time, a few more things are coming out that are surprising. As to why, who knows? I have sold a few things off lately but spent most of it before I got home that day :roll: .

People decide to get out of certain guns, calibers or makers so they are doing something different or to simplify life. Good question- other opinions???

My .02,

32Magfan

s4s4u

Hunter
The only thing I have noticed is that the number of guns up for sale that I like is inversely proportional to the money I have to buy them

You too, eh?!?

bogus bill

Hunter
I haven't sold any yet but am getting tempted. It`s a money thing for everyone. Us older retired guys are on a fixed income that is shrinking at the same time we aint shooting and looking at the end of the trail. I think its in the book of Job. A time to gather and a time to sell. I had a reality check yesterday and spent the afternoon calling home looking for relatives as most have died. I have one uncle kissing 97 in a rest home and a 98 year old aunt in another. One old aunts phone was disconnected and I found out on the internet she died three months ago. Younger cousins didn't bother to track me down and give the news. All thought someone else would. Ended up on getting ahold of a old third cousin from the operator. Never would have thought years ago this would happen to our once huge family.

dixie884

Blackhawk
I see so much stuff I'd like to have, and never thought I'd see available. It's like the old saw; If Mississippi riverboat rides were a dime, all I could do is run up and down the bank hollerin "Aint that cheap".........

longspurr

Single-Sixer
I agree that guns that were sold 40-50 years ago are now being sold by the estates of their owners. The younger generation wants the latest cell phone, not some old junk that sits in the closet most of the time. Besides if it is not like the guns in the video games, what is it good for?

The other factor is ammo prices. I get sticker shock when I go check if they have the ammo I want :shock:

my feeling is so many folks "see" the prices on the internet and like the last American Rifleman, the values, sale prices of Colts,are beyond 'sky high', :shock: and Soooooooooooo, they are cashing in while the time is "hot"....I take old models to the gun shows from time to time and for the MOST part, they get little, no attention, unless "boxed and rare", many GOOD deals to be had out there for some common, everyday "old models"...then as noted above the other factors come into play, far too many young people could care less about "collectible firearms".....many just want high capacity and black plastic.... 8) :roll: :wink: