Lost Wallet Story

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Driver license? I don't worry about that much unless going considerable distance from home.
Vehicles all have a copy of insurance card in the glove box/console.
If I think there may be a chance I'll need to drive somewhere for parts, I do take wallet which sometimes leads to similar frantic searches the next time I'm looking for it.
I'm old fashioned and have 'town pants' and 'work pants'. The 'town pants' have wallet, pocket change, money clip with a few small bills, and the usual array of holster, knife, and 'towny' stuff.
Last week, I went to town for the first time in 7-10 days( maybe more, the days all run together) and stopped to get my usual chicken nuggets and senior drink @ BK. I felt my money clip and it held a single bill so I pulled out the wallet to bolster the money clip and found only $100 bills in the wallet, . OH CRAP. By this time I'm already in the order line but when I pull out the money clip, the single bill turned out to be a $5 rather than the anticipated $1. Good enough.
When I returned home, I checked my stash for a resupply of small bills and found it empty. Guess I'll have to hit on Grouch Attack for money exchange. She doesn't GIVE me pocket/lunch money, she exchanges small bills for $100's. I have much less need for pocket change/lunch money now that I'm no longer away from home 2-3 days per week.
Tennessee State law requires that the driver have a valid driver's license in his possession at all times while driving on public roads. The same for handgun carry permits.

Bob Wright

Colonialgirl

Hawkeye
I have two bank accounts and thus two debit cards; The "TRICK" is that what I call the "MAIN ACCOUNT" is where all my deposits go; The other is my "Spending Account" and when I'm going out shopping I transfer just enough cash to the spending account to cover what I anticipate spending (including gasoline purchases). Anyone ever hacks that card they aint gettin much !!

Ranger

Single-Sixer
When traveling overseas and such, you should talk with your credit card company. Last time I did, I got a second card to take with a low limit, notified cc company may be some minimal charges from that area, took only minimal stuff, and made copy of the important documents / cards and kept that in money belt. We also transferred some money to contact in country where we would be staying and made arrangements in advance. After losing money pouch outlined above, I used a small safety pin to attach to pants in case had to remove belt again (didn't).

caryc

Hawkeye
Tennessee State law requires that the driver have a valid driver's license in his possession at all times while driving on public roads. The same for handgun carry permits.

Bob Wright
Mocuck's post kind of surprised me too. Keeping a copy of your insurance card in your vehicle is not going to do anything for you if you don't have your "actual" drivers license with you when operating a vehicle.

cleg

Bearcat
As a over the road truck driver the feeling of doom when you either forget wallet at home, or you lose it somewhere. Lost my wallet at the Stateline of Montana and Wyoming. Just north of Sheridan WY. ( making delivery in Sheridan) got to our customer, realized no wallet, proceeded to drop trailer drive back north thru Port of entry let them know what was going on. Could find it anywhere. Got luck. Highway crew found it couple miles into Wyoming. Sent my wallet to me.

Pulled into flying J in ROCKER MT. Go through fuel island found another drivers wallet. It was full of cash, cards etc.. this guy must have got a cash advance on his load or paycheck. Took it inside to fuel desk. All I could hope for is that management sent it to address on license, or possibly the driver was still there taking his 10 and it was returned.

caryc

Hawkeye
I wonder if law enforcement will accept an image on your phone? I know here an image of your insurance info is enough.
Not for a drivers license. The law states that your drivers license must be carried when you are operating a motor vehicle. Just because you show an officer a picture of your license does not mean you actually have one at the time.

wolfsong

Staff member
A debit card is an electronic checkbook. There shouldn't be much of a balance in your checking account. That's what the various types of savings accounts are for. Crooks can't get into your savings account with your debit card. And it's easy enough for you to electronically transfer funds from savings into checking when necessary.

A debit card is an electronic checkbook. There shouldn't be much of a balance in your checking account. That's what the various types of savings accounts are for. Crooks can't get into your savings account with your debit card. And it's easy enough for you to electronically transfer funds from savings into checking when necessary.

Not sure if you are correct. When I go to the ATM machine and put in my Debit card, and press the button for a cash withdrawal, it gives me the choice of taking it from my checking or my savings account. Maybe that's just something unique to my bank but I don't think it is.