Lost my Vaquero last weekend.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Knuckles

Buckeye
Yep!... I lost my Springfield 1911 Mil-Spec to my Son this year and my SS Blackhawk .357mag to my oldest Daughter.

What are ya gonna do? :wink:

Bud (knuckles)

Rodfac

Blackhawk
Great pic...gotta love the way she's handling the recoil...barbee dolls my a$$. You've got a nice family...and are bringing them along right...good work Dad...
Rodfac

WFRII

Bearcat
As the father of a 2-year old girl that picture warms my heart!
She's very outgoing and into everything.
I hope to lose a gun or two to her later in life!
Thanks for sharing! :D

luvs2hunt62

Blackhawk
I totally agree with "contender". I teach a "youth & family gun safety and marksmanship" course at our local gun club, and the most important and basic fundamental of shooting is the grip and stance. After that, everything else comes easy. Youngsters, especially the girls, often outshoot their parents simply because they have no bad habits to break and very little ego driven issues to overcome.

Remember, shooting sports are a bond that can hold a family together when all seems to be going to hell in a handbasket. keep it up, and by all means, make that her gun. Engraving her name in the grips is an awesome way to make it final.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
I overlooked the TEXAS, gotta have a star in there somewhere as well... That is not a jab either, at least your state history is colorful, Michigan just had fights over beaver rights...

Put

Single-Sixer
Well it already looks like Texas. I found it a gun show when I was looking for a Marlin 44mag. I got the Ruger instead.
Picture015.jpg

deac45

Single-Sixer
Rodfac":rtsfh37e said:
Great pic...gotta love the way she's handling the recoil...Rodfac

Was thinking the same thing. Relaxed, letting the gun recoil but controlling it also...I'd say she's a natural!

deac45