lost a loaded p345 magazine...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jitt

Bearcat
...looked everywhere twice over and can't find the dang thing...question is should i report this to local police in case the jerk who found it uses it in a crime...i know you should always report a lost or stolen weapon...but what about a loaded magazine?

Firsttimegrampa

Single-Sixer
Well if the jerk does use it in a crime, it won't be traced back to you unless he gets your gun also. The rifleing comes as the bullet passes thru the barrel which I take you haven't lost..Justkeep looking, I'm sure it will turn up soon.

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
jitt":2qdnasro said:
...question is should i report this to local police in case the jerk who found it uses it in a crime...
The way the crazy gun laws are going in this country, I am sure there are some states that would like to figure out how to charge you with a felony for losing a magazine.

Me? Not so much. Too bad you lost it, but I don't view it as being any worse than losing a socket set.

jitt

Bearcat
thanx....i feel a lil better.....but still pissed about losing a mag,,,thay ain't cheap and neither are hydroshocks

Double Maduro

Single-Sixer
Jitt,

The only way you will find the magazine is to get rid of the gun.

You can send the gun to me until you find the magazine, then I'll send the gun back to you............................................probably. :D

DM

revhigh

Hawkeye
The absolute LAST thing I'd do is report something like this to the police. They'd probably charge you with reckless indangerment or somthing.

REV

welder

Buckeye
About 3 years back I lost a Glock 19 mag loaded with Federal defense. I just hoped a fellow Glock owner found it and gave it a good home. I have no clue where I lost it, just found it missing from my case. Oh, no I wouldn't (didn't) report it.

jitt

Bearcat
FOUND IT!!!.......2 weeks later and i found it underneath the couch by the front door...i have no idea how it could've got there or how i didn't hear it hit the tile...but i don't care,$40 bux i can spend at the range instead replacing it......hooray.

Jumping Frog

Bearcat
jitt":31frbzvv said:
FOUND IT!!!.......2 weeks later
In 'California', you were probably guilty of felony endangering for losing control of your magazine for two weeks. [/sarcasm]

bhp9mm

Bearcat
i would not worry about it whats the chances somebody thats going to do a crime will have the some kind of gun

MAC702

Single-Sixer
I'd be more worried about my fingerprints on the ammunition, but again, it should be a simple defense even if that ever DID come back to you.

dowby77

Bearcat
I wouldnt worry about fingerprints on the ammo.my fingerprints are probably all over some of your ammo and some criminals too,and I have yet to be charged with a crime

jitt":2deuqejn said:
FOUND IT!!!.......2 weeks later and i found it underneath the couch by the front door...i have no idea how it could've got there or how i didn't hear it hit the tile...but i don't care,$40 bux i can spend at the range instead replacing it......hooray.

Kept meaning to respond to this one.....

I meant to tell you to look there... knew you would find it eventually. Sometimes it takes me almost that long to find a gun.