Looking for!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

frank n texas

Single-Sixer
Morning all...

Anyone have about 5 or 6 rounds of .38cal S&W snake/rat shot they would be willing to sell me?...These would be for a old S&W lemon squeezer revolver I carry on my property..

These are not .38cal that work for a .38 Special revolver but for the older S&W revolver that requires the .38cal S&W load

I think is t is also called a .38 short..

Thanks in advance for replies

frank n texas

tsubaki

Single-Sixer
I don't know it's gonna be doable.
Note the shotshell length next to the 38 S&W.
38shot38sw_zps9efd4520.jpg

TinStarFirearms

Single-Sixer
I make my own by using two .38 caliber "gas checks" and some #9 shot. I put a small charge of unique in the primed case, then one gas check with the "cup" side up followed by the shot and a second gas check cup side down then a firm crimp. A box of 1K gas checks will be about $20 and a Lee Loader in the right caliber is around $25. I bought a box of checks and a bag of shot twenty years ago and still have lots of both left over. I do load mine on a RCBS reloading press though.

I like those old revolvers.

Andrew

mr surveyor

Blackhawk
TinStarFirearms said:
I make my own by using two .38 caliber "gas checks" and some #9 shot. I put a small charge of unique in the primed case, then one gas check with the "cup" side up followed by the shot and a second gas check cup side down then a firm crimp. A box of 1K gas checks will be about $20 and a Lee Loader in the right caliber is around $25. I bought a box of checks and a bag of shot twenty years ago and still have lots of both left over. I do load mine on a RCBS reloading press though.

I like those old revolvers.

Andrew

how do you "seat" the first gas check?