Looking for new Semi-auto... Recommendations?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

revhigh

Hawkeye
Cheesewhiz":2vtvig5x said:
There is no one on this forum that is a bigger fan of CZ's than I am. I don't and will not own a polymer framed CZ.

I agree Cheese ... the only poly CZ I ever shot, or that even existed prior to this one was the CZ100, I think it was. It was a horrible gun due to the really, REALLY, bad DA trigger. A buddy had one that he kept for about a year. It's trigger was easily as bad as the SR9's, just horrendous.

If you decide on a CZ, I would HIGHLY recommend a regular old CZ75B, rather than ANY poly CZ. If you want a compact, get the P01, but get the metal one.

If you want poly striker, get a poly pistol from the people who know how to do poly ... GLOCK. Oops, sorry DA, I re-read your OP, and see you've been through a few Glocks already.

Try a CZ75, you will not be disappointed.

PM inbound.

REV

Mike J

Hunter
As someone else posted there have been a lot of P-95's listed in the classifieds here the last few days. I have an XD I really like but there are a lot of good choices out there.

jhearne

Buckeye
I love my SR9, but if I had to get ANY 9mm other than it regardless of brand it would be:

Sig SP2022 in 9mm for $439 delivered

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/prod ... s_id/14902

I've been wanting this gun for a while now. Will be getting this from here if I can get that same deal or better, otherwise I'll see if my LGS wants to see how close he can get to this in a few months.

Josh

revhigh

Hawkeye
Try Whittakers too ... they have some great used guns as well.

REV

aaronrb204

Bearcat
revhigh":rf5w1mn4 said:
Cheesewhiz":rf5w1mn4 said:
There is no one on this forum that is a bigger fan of CZ's than I am. I don't and will not own a polymer framed CZ.

I agree Cheese ... the only poly CZ I ever shot, or that even existed prior to this one was the CZ100, I think it was. It was a horrible gun due to the really, REALLY, bad DA trigger. A buddy had one that he kept for about a year. It's trigger was easily as bad as the SR9's, just horrendous.

If you decide on a CZ, I would HIGHLY recommend a regular old CZ75B, rather than ANY poly CZ. If you want a compact, get the P01, but get the metal one.

If you want poly striker, get a poly pistol from the people who know how to do poly ... GLOCK. Oops, sorry DA, I re-read your OP, and see you've been through a few Glocks already.

Try a CZ75, you will not be disappointed.

PM inbound.

REV

I had a chance to make one of the new P-07s go click click a couple weeks ago but havne't been able to fire one. The trigger isn't bad but they changed the geometry on the grip a bit and it seems awkward.

delford

Bearcat
Can't believe nobody on a Ruger forum has mentioned the P345. I know you've mostly been talking 9mm but the size and fit and accuracy of the P345 and prices around $400-450 would make this a good choice for the OP.
I've had mine for nine months and haven't fired anything, including 1911's or Glocks, that makes me as satisfied.

revhigh

Hawkeye
The P345 is kind of an oddball gun in the Ruger lineup ... kind of between the P-series metal guns, and the SR series plastic guns. It also started out with a terrible reputation for 'click no bang' syndrome, and broken firing pins. It has one of the worst reputations for returns of any gun Ruger has ever introduced, even without a recall being announced. From an overall percentage standpoint, very few people even here own P345's. I've seen P345's at gun shows in my area going for as little as $175 with box and papers, and they were still there at the end of the weekend. It's kind of a shame, because if the bugs are finally worked out, it's probably a decent gun, if you're in the market for a plastic 45.

It may be a fine gun, but reputation is everything, and the P345 just never caught on.

REV

delford

Bearcat
Thanks Rev
Wish I could have found it at that price but I got mine used but like new with box & papers. I've put maybe 500 rounds through it and never a FTF and more accurate than I am. A Range Officer fired one round from it and hit dead center at 21 feet. Made me feel bad :) It may have had the same inauspicious start as the SR9 but mine has been flawless. BTW the upper end is all metal, only plastic on the lower frame. Somewhat unusual but works for me.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Great luck with your 345, delford, I'm sure it will be fine. As I said, it was the early guns that had that issue, maybe yours is later.

Just don't ever pull the trigger with the safety on, or without a mag in the gun.

REV

recoilguy

Bearcat
I shot a Stoegar Cougar.....I was impressed and it is only 399 at the LGS here. If I was going to get another one soon that gun would surely be on my list.

RCG

3leggeddog

Single-Sixer
piratedude":2eera2a0 said:
The S&W M&P is looking like the winner to me.

The M+P is a nice gun, but go look in the Cz forum , there is ALL kinds of upgrade parts for the Cz. Grips, springs,triggers,ect.... They have their own custom shop also. They come with a pretty darn good trigger as it is! There's just something about a ALL metal frame,some models are! :) Have a great day.