Looking for an idea of value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tal35

Bearcat
This is an old single six I bought many years ago, with the lr and mag cylinders. It has a 5 digit s/n. Can anyone tell me about what its worth? The loading gate is flat on it.
79947738-DSC00870.JPG

308longdistance

Blackhawk
To early (1956) to be a convertible, the 22mag cylinder isn't original to the gun. Screws look to be buggered, but could be the picture.

If all original and 95+%, $475-500 give or take some.

JMHO :)

flatgate

Hawkeye
Type IV Flatgate Single-Six, approximately 11,000 produced in the mid '56 to March of '57 era.

Values are directly related to condition and your example is "OK" but not quite a "Collector's Prize". Without a close inspection I'll toss out a value in the 350-$450 range.

Your Image is a wee bit big. We'd prefer that the images fit on most folks screens without needing to scroll....

flatgate

tal35

Bearcat
Sorry, I didnt know how to size it down for the site. It sounds like there is not much collectability for an avaerage condition gun.Some of the stuff on the screws may be greaseas its been in storage for awhile. So the cylinder is somethingsomeone has addedor had added at the factory.

G2

Hunter
The Magnum Cylinder (value $25-$50) should not be used in that gun, Barrel is sorta small, yea , yea I know it will work, I highly doubt it is accurate.
Collector; probably not, Shooter, YES and a NEAT old 3 screw original gun. My opinion, I would rather have the OM than a NM.
Value end user might go $400 I see it more around $300 in my neck of the woods.
Here is it's near cousin aquired this July this year, with tax at Retail.
P1010020-1.jpg

P1010017-1.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, Ruger wouldn't fit a Mag. cylinder to a Single-Six serial numbered under 150000. Through the years they may have forgotten this rule and fitted a few, but the bores are too small for those earlier guns.
You can check to see if it has been back to the factory by looking at the end of that mag. cylinder to see if the last three digits are stamped on the front (should be large 1/8" numbers). If not, the cylinder has probably been added by somebody outside the factory.
Chet15