Looking for a Red Dot Scope with 1" Tube (not 30mm)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Teflon97116

Bearcat
This feels a bit like hunting for a unicorn.

My rifle is a Mini 14 with 1" ranch rings. Might've been useful at one time when Millett and Simmons still made inexpensive red dot scopes with 1" tubes, but now it looks as if they are discontinued and everything I see online is 30mm diameter. I suppose I can buy 30mm ranch rings, but first I'm hoping to find a 1" diameter red dot, new/used, to mount in the rings I have. Tips or leads appreciated, thanks for looking.

Teflon97116

Bearcat
Thanks! I think I was a frequent flyer here a few years ago and really liked the forum. Lost track of my old info, though, so here I am all shiny and new!

Teflon97116

Bearcat
Thought of that, and I'm sure I would like it, but that's more than I paid for the rifle, lol! Another possibility is to buy a pair of Ruger 30mm rings to fit a couple of 30mm red dot optics I have lying around.

Kicking myself for trading away a Mini 30 several years with a nice 1" Millett tube dot on it. We live and learn.

There are some 1" tube style dot optics. A few of them are decent. Many are dim, flare prone, narrow field of view, and numerous other faults. Before making a decision, measure the distance between your rings as the majority of tube style dots are quite short.