Looking at Used 10/22s Again

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger 10/22

Bearcat
I saw a couple of used 10/22s at a local store listed online & three of them are the older ones that I WANT...
Ones that have an aluminum trigger group & other parts before they went polymer/plastic
One is a 239-72*** & two are 248-17***s $199 - $319
***Wish Me Luck***
Might be a week or more before I go over to the Danger Zone = Louisville KY
I have wanted another to go in my Boat Paddle stock for 10-15 years now
Hope one is stainless to complete the All Weather 10/22 Boat paddle Stock
I have old new barrel clamps that are aluminum in blue & silver in my stash
Looking to make a plinker like several I used to have 30-40 years ago
Gary/Ruger 10/22

I saw a couple of used 10/22s at a local store listed online & three of them are the older ones that I WANT...
Ones that have an aluminum trigger group & other parts before they went polymer/plastic
***Wish Me Luck***
Gary/Ruger 10/22
Good luck!

Very cool, be sure to post before and after pics ;)

Ruger 10/22

Bearcat
They are without a doubt the best semi auto 22 rifle that I have ever had the experience to work with
They also have such an aftermarket following that just about anything is available for them
The BX-25 magazines weren't out when I had my last 10/22 & can be had locally at Bass Pro Shop
I remember the plastic Eagle 30 round magazines sold at K-Mart for $7ea, They Worked where others didn't

Up Late putting an angled clip on my IWB Holster for my M&P Shield 2.0
M&P Shield IWB Holster Clips.jpg

I've been hoping for an "80%" 10/22 receiver to come on the market but looks like all those 'incomplete' gun parts are about to become illegal. With all the 'take off' parts available, I could assemble 'budget' 10/22's and have one in every machine and vehicle.

contender

Ruger Guru
I was in a town the other day,, and had some time to kill before my next appointment.
I stopped in a pawn shop,, and of course went to the guns.
Now,, I'm a SA fan,, so a bit of a disappointment that they didn't have any Rugers.
However,, as I scanned the rifle rack,, I saw 4 Ruger 10/22's.
Well, the walnut stock stood out immediately,, so I asked to see it. It was a 123 prefix, walnut stocked very, very good condition gun. I looked at the price,, did a little negotiating,, and it left with me at a little under $240.
Not a bad find for me. And while I didn't NEED it,, but,, IT needed a good Ruger home to live in. :D

Finding that 10/22 was good snag, you just don't see those (walnut stock and in good condition) much any more. I wonder if the seller knew what he had because you know the pawn didn't give him (or her) anywhere near that much. Good on you Tyrone for taking that poor little waif into your home(y)

Ruger 10/22

Bearcat
They still show as having all three, Just checked
It will be next Friday the 1st before I have time to ride over & look and see
Gotta love the Pawn Shops for good used handguns & rifles

Got a new Tulster Holster for my Glock 43X today & put a We The People adjustable cant clip on it to match my M&P Shields holster cant
M&P Shield & Glock 43X Holsters.jpg

Both of these flat slim light weight handguns are my favorite carry pieces & came from local pawn shops for $249 & $349

Ruger 10/22

Bearcat
I've been hoping for an "80%" 10/22 receiver to come on the market but looks like all those 'incomplete' gun parts are about to become illegal. With all the 'take off' parts available, I could assemble 'budget' 10/22's and have one in every machine and vehicle.
I doubt you will ever see these available
It would be too easy to make a 10/22 receiver IMO
There's only the three holes + barrel hole & two threaded bolt holes = 5 total
I could make one with a drill press

larry8

Single-Sixer
I bought a 10/22 takedown back when they came only in black plastic stock. I didn't like the plastic, so I bought 3 Birch and 1 walnut regular stocks. I cut the birch down using the plastic as a template and when I had it all figured out I cut the walnut to fit. Made the gap only 1/64" instead of the 1/8" like the plastic was. Unfortunately I sold them all just before I moved, but it was fun making them.

"I doubt you will ever see these available
It would be too easy to make a 10/22 receiver IMO
There's only the three holes + barrel hole & two threaded bolt holes = 5 total
I could make one with a drill press"
Correct. With a hole on each end to locate the blank in a 'jig', it would be no more difficult than an AR 80% lower. In which case, I could have about 1/2 dozen 10-22's by just using the assorted spare parts that are laying around here.

Gizmo1964

Bearcat
10/22's get in your blood. I think I've had 6 of them. The one I have now I put a Kidd 2 stage trigger on plus and all the other shiny bits. I was a little shocked at the prices at the gun show last week. But then the last time I bought one it was $169 new with the alum trigger housing.

Huskerfan

Bearcat
***Wish Me Luck***
Gary/Ruger 10/22
Good luck

Ruger 10/22

Bearcat
I'm going to WAIT till this Friday April the 1st to go see the three Ruger 10/22s
Let me check their inventory now to see if any of them has sold
***They still have all three***
My Wife wants to go there + a few other Pawn Shops in Louisville looking for Jewelry & ???
It's supposed to be 80 degrees Wednesday but it's below freezing here this morning @ 29 degrees
Might ride there Wednesday while it's sweet outside
I will take a blued 10/22 as the other 4-5 I had where like that, but have always wanted a Stainless with aluminum trigger group
It would complete the Boat Paddle stock I have perfectly
I can buy a new 10/22 for $250 & a Charger with fancy stock for $329 @ Bass Pro & Rural King = RK Guns
$319 would be paying top dollar for one BUT $199 would be just fine IMO
Will have to just wait & see
Shows the pawn is 15.3 miles away but it's a 30 mile ride one way & 60 miles round trip to bypass the city & Airport which is Now named the Mohamed Ali named after a Draft Dodger Boxer from Louisville POW/MIA

Snake Pleskin

Banned
I was in a town the other day,, and had some time to kill before my next appointment.
I stopped in a pawn shop,, and of course went to the guns.
Now,, I'm a SA fan,, so a bit of a disappointment that they didn't have any Rugers.
However,, as I scanned the rifle rack,, I saw 4 Ruger 10/22's.
Well, the walnut stock stood out immediately,, so I asked to see it. It was a 123 prefix, walnut stocked very, very good condition gun. I looked at the price,, did a little negotiating,, and it left with me at a little under $240.
Not a bad find for me. And while I didn't NEED it,, but,, IT needed a good Ruger home to live in. :D
Any solid, good condition 10/22 older model for $240 is a very good deal IMHO!

moparclan

Single-Sixer
Good luck on your quest.
My LGS had a walnut stock no prefix (1966) for $250 out the door. Couldn't turn it down.
Traded a neighbor for a walnut stock no prefix (1968) for my synthetic stock 10/22 I bought on sale several years ago at a Ruger Day Sale at a LGS for $175.
He was happy and I was definitely happy.
$250.00.jpg

Ruger 10/22

Bearcat
@moparclan that 1966 is what I have been looking for...
That's my birth year BTW SWEET!!
56 Years Old & Holding Up Better than Me...

Looks like this pawn shop picked up a 4th 10/22 yesterday
Now they show having a 1994 @ $199, 2 x 1998 @ $319 & a 2009 @ $289

Never made it over there & it's NICE Today = 70 degrees & have some running to do around southern Indiana with my Wife so that's out today
I will make it there & be ready to score a good used 10/22, OR should I just buy a New One? OR a Charger @ Rural King/Bass Pro Shop