Look what followed me home

Help Support Ruger Forum:

suthrncop66

Bearcat
went looking today at a local shop, not meaning to buy anything, and a 159XXXX Security Six SS 4 inch somehow followed me home....never really looked at these, I have been more into the Vaquero's lately.....$350 out the door!

ec4b2bda37_zps6149ee95.jpg

photo32_zps96898c43.jpg

photo22_zps9499a7f6.jpg

Occasionally, people who were never looking for these guns stumble on them and give them a try. The hugest majority of these folks can't believe that they've let such a diamond escape them for so many years. I own, have owned, and have shot a whole bunch of these Six-series guns, and they are truly wonderful. Good catch.

Welcome to the forum!

WAYNO.

Chuck 100 yd

Hunter
You did good!!!
I had one just like it. I let my FIL talk me out of it as I also have one in 2" I said it would be ok. What a big mistake that was!!! If I find another it will stay.

pawncop

Blackhawk
Great revolver. Great price. I do think a warrant for outright thievery might be in order.

Just kidding.

suthrncop66

Bearcat
It is a sweet gun, I am sort of new to Rugers (handguns) so I wasn't too sure of it at first, but as soon as I held it, I wanted it..
actually went in looking for another semi-auto and came out with it....

BuckNaked40

Bearcat
Had one exactly like it, and like a fool traded it for a 870 Rem. Express Deer slayer with scope and vent rib barrel back in 1980. Regret it, but harvested a lot more deer with that than I ever would have with a S.S. I still wish I had it though.

bvd1

Single-Sixer
Nice find. I recently found an excellent condition Speed Six for the same price. Love the Six series revolvers.

Timbo22

Single-Sixer
Excellent find and a great price. Everyone needs at least one Security Six. You don't find many DA Six series in original condition these days.