Long time member - Amanda Suffecool, RF name Frustrated Middle Child, on the ballot for NRA Board Run

Help Support Ruger Forum:

peachhead

Single-Sixer
Good luck. Just out of curiosity, how much impact does the board have as far as keeping the current CEO in place?

irishjack

Bearcat
She certainly sounds like a fine candidate. While I have been an NRA Life Member for over 40 years I have been debating whether I should even bother voting for the Board of Directors. I have been bummed out by all the reports of financial abuses and mismanagement by Wayne La Pierre and some of his flunkies among the NRA officers. From what I have been reading the NRA Board has been basically functioning like the Soviet Politburo under Stalin and just rubbing stamping any spending demanding by LaPierre.

Tenbore

Single-Sixer
I want to know what your views on King Wayne are. Are you supporting the efforts to replace him with someone who does not suck the coffers dry to support his lavish spending habits?
We need that money to fight the anti-gunners and not so Wayne can buy $1000 suits.

If you are willing to fight for the changes that need to be made, then you have my vote.

She certainly sounds like a fine candidate. While I have been an NRA Life Member for over 40 years I have been debating whether I should even bother voting for the Board of Directors. I have been bummed out by all the reports of financial abuses and mismanagement by Wayne La Pierre and some of his flunkies among the NRA officers. From what I have been reading the NRA Board has been basically functioning like the Soviet Politburo under Stalin and just rubbing stamping any spending demanding by LaPierre.
Personally for the last 4 or 5 years I just keep voting for new members who are not on the board, maybe eventually get enough new blood
to effect some change.

There have been some questions on Wayne and the NRA, and I would like to address them.

Any board member - and there are 76 of them - that publicly makes a stand / public statement are treated accordingly. Committee assignments are given and or pulled. Nominations issued, or pulled. Look to Frank Tate, Phil Journey and Congressman Graham Hill. None were re-nominated to continue their work on the board.

Also look to the last meeting where Wayne was reaffirmed. 20 board members did not attend, 7 abstained from voting at all, one voted against Wayne and the rest for him.

What I can say is that I believe there were some shenanigans happening within - and Wayne and crew are pointing at Ak Mac and Ak Mac is pointing at Wayne. NY Atty General is out to tear down the NRA. With a 501c3 - they cannot just commit to move, they have to disband - donating all their assets to other Firearms safety organizations that are chartered in NY - among them Brady, Moms Demand and others. None of us will stand for that to happen.

What I can say is that I will not use public press, leaked stories and swayed information to make decisions. I can only assume that the Board - with their multiple executive sessions - has more information than you, I or the folks writing the articles (the Trace et al) and that once on the Board - I will use data, judgment and common sense to make sure the NRA survives for the next 150 years and will fight like hell for it not to disappear on my watch.

Thanks much for asking and for considering me as a board candidate.

Amanda Suffecool

contender

Ruger Guru
My ballot & Miss Penny's ballot came today. Both will be marked with a big plus for Amanda!

Remember folks,, Amanda is not Wayne. And while only one person, she can be one of the ones who can slowly change the voting numbers as to who the Board affirms the seat that Wayne occupies.

My ballot & Miss Penny's ballot came today. Both will be marked with a big plus for Amanda!

Remember folks,, Amanda is not Wayne. And while only one person, she can be one of the ones who can slowly change the voting numbers as to who the Board affirms the seat that Wayne occupies.
Well seeing as you seem to know her pretty well, I'm hoping you're trying to tell us all something, because her reply sure didn't extend
any hope for anybody standing against the entrenched cronyism.

Last edited: