Lite Rack / CTC Laserguard

Help Support Ruger Forum:

REP1954

Blackhawk
Been very happy and impressed with my purchase of the Lite Rack. So far I have been able to avoid any of the problems I have read about. I've had one failure to feed ( round 3 out of over 800 ) and nothing else. Sights are a little small but nothing that I didn't know when I bought the gun. After reading some reviews I decided to give a CTC Laserguard a try (red dot version ). It came UPS yesterday and I mounted it up. I zeroed it in to the guns sights which falls one inch high and to the left at 7 yards for me. Practiced some dry firing and just sighting it and decided this was a good thing. I have aging eyes and the same multiple dot images that show up with my red dots happens with the laser sight. A great little product that I am sure will work out well. The only thing I feel could be improved is a access to the battery without disassembly of the unit from the gun. Won't have a chance to shoot it until tomorrow. Nothing beats live fire.

REP1954

Blackhawk
Got to the range and the laser was right on at 7 yds. I was just past 850 rounds for the gun and got 2 lite strikes and then nothing. That's right my Lite Rack turned into a Lite Strike which turned into a No Strike. Got home and disassembled the slide and sure enough the end was missing from the firing pin. I'll get on the horn to Ruger on Monday to get them to send 2 new pins and springs. I hope this doesn't turn out to be shades of SR22, I went through 2 of them with 4 trips to the factory before giving up on them.

OOPS that's not good on a SD gun.
I'm a big fan of CT laser guidance systems. Just acquired one for the Taurus G2C but waiting on a suitable holster. Even better than a dot optic since even if the laser fails, you still have the OEM sights.