Lipsey's GP100 44 Special 5"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bearmn56

Bearcat
New to the forum, but a long time shooter (50+ years) :D . Went by Capital Sports here in Helena, Montana today and they had one of the new Lipsey's GP100s in 44 Special. Love at first sight! So, I came home with it in my sweaty paws. Unlike my newer SP101 4.2" in .327 Federal, which has a heavy, gritty double action with a hitch in it's indexing, the 44 has a wonderful action both single and double right out of the box. A 3.75 lb single action and a nice smooth double action... I have a small range at my house and proceeded to fire several cylinder fulls of my favorite loads at 15yds. I was pleased to see everything into 2-3" off hand with most in the 2" range. The blued finish is superb. I like the extra weight of the 5" full lug barrel. The balance of this revolver reminds me of a super accurate S&W 624 6.5" that I shot for many years (but sold for a very good price). Over the last couple of decades, I have purchased quite a number of GP100s, with a 7 shot .327 Federal being one of my favorites. I also have a sweet SP101 4" in 32 H&R mag...without the MIM hammer and trigger that seems to be the problem with the newer 327 Federal SP101. This revolver is also super accurate and has a super smooth double action with a 3 lb single action. Back to the 44 Special....I could not be more pleased.

Bearmn56 Montana Territory

eveled

Hawkeye
Welcome to the forum! Glad your so happy with your purchase.

Rclark

Hunter
Cool! I saw that the last time I was over to Helena... But passed over it. Enjoy! I keep vacillating as I really like my Flattop .44 Specials and do I really need a DA .44 Special in the family.

bearmn56

Bearcat
Follow up..went to the range today and put 100+ rounds thru the Lipsey's GP100. Shot very, very well. Probably more accurate than I am. This is right out of the box. Tried all of my favorite loads and the revolver doesn't seem to be picky at all. Definitely a winner.

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
I'm one of those guys whp wrote a couple letters to Ruger, each year and asked for a
.44 Special.

They came out with the Single Action .44 SP guns, and now we can buy the GP44s.

The real problem that keeps me from buyimng one is that .44 Special ammo is both
rare and expensive in my area.

Sold my Bulldog because of such, and like with other calibers, I no longer
reload.

Those of you that reload can wring the best out of the caliber.

Latest posts