Lipsey's Announces Ruger Bisley Flattop .44 Special!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Lipsey's Announces Exclusive Ruger Bisley Flattop .44 Special

Baton Rouge, Louisiana --Lipsey's LLC, a leading nation-wide firearms distributor, is pleased to announce the new exclusive Ruger Bisley Flattop 44 Special. These much anticipated revolvers will feature a blue finish, rosewood laminate grips and adjustable sights along with the bisley parts. They will be built on the mid-size 357 Magnum frame and offered in both the 4-5/8" and 5-1/2" barrel lengths. "Serious shooters have long known the benefits and comfort of the bisley configuration and we are pleased to offer it in the classic 44 Special," said Lipsey's Vice President Flint Virgets.

Lipsey's has been a firearms distributor since 1953 and currently services FFL licensed firearms retailers in all 50 states. This exciting new exclusive 44 Special Bisley Flattop will complement Lipsey's extensive line of exclusive and limited edition firearms.

To find out more about these and other Lipsey's offerings please visit www.lipseys.com or stop by Lipsey's booth # 11038 at the SHOT Show.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Heard about these a week or two ago. As much as I love Bisleys, I'm passing. Had they been a 6 1/2" or longer model, I'd jump for sure. I suppose if one presented itself locally at a good price, I'd consider it. Otherwise...

The Norseman

Blackhawk
Morning Ruger Flat Top Enthusiasts,

Thank you for the announcement, gunman42782.

I want a Stainless Steel Bisley Ruger/Lipsey Flat Top 44 S&W Special,
5-1/2 Bbl (w/Micro adjustable sights of course)(black checkered grips).

Just want to voice my opinion and get my 2 cents in, maybe it might
materialize soon.

I just bought the Ruger/Lipsey Blackhawk Flat Top 44 S&W Special,
5-1/2 Bbl several months ago (will remain an un-shot Collector/Trading Stock)

plus my Ruger Flat Top fell apart……
oops, plus am diversified (US Fire Arms Flat Top, it's the shooter)

FlatTops20per.jpg

The Norseman

Blackhawk
Morning Ruger Enthusiasts,

Out of curiosity, those attending the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor
Trade Show (SHOT Show) and stopped by the Ruger Booth………

did anyone find out if Lipsey and Ruger is going to produce a
Stainless Steel Bisley Ruger/Lipsey Flat Top 44 S&W Special,
5-1/2 Bbl (w/Micro adjustable sights of course)(black checkered grips)?

I know a SS Bisley Flat Top would be a great addition to the Flat Top
line up and based on how well the SAA Flat Top 44 Special's sold.

Thank you in a advance for your reply.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
The Norseman":kvvtzn13 said:
Morning Ruger Enthusiasts,

Out of curiosity, those attending the Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor
Trade Show (SHOT Show) and stopped by the Ruger Booth………

did anyone find out if Lipsey and Ruger is going to produce a
Stainless Steel Bisley Ruger/Lipsey Flat Top 44 S&W Special,
5-1/2 Bbl (w/Micro adjustable sights of course)(black checkered grips)?

I know a SS Bisley Flat Top would be a great addition to the Flat Top
line up and based on how well the SAA Flat Top 44 Special's sold.

Thank you in a advance for your reply.
I don't think anyone can say for sure what might happen. Except maybe the buyer at Lipsey's, and they're not talking (I asked).

But considering they have Bisley .44 Special flattops, and they have stainless .44 Special flattops, and they seem open to producing new models, I think it's probably safe to say that at some point, hopefully this year, they will combine the two great ideas and give us a stainless Bisley version. And if they do I will be one of the first on the forum asking, "Where can I get one?"

-- Sam

The Norseman

Blackhawk
Yosemite Sam, I'm with you.

It seems logical that Lipsey/Ruger would introduce a Stainless Steel
Bisley Flat Top. Ruger is definitely tooled up for the Frame and 44 S&W
Special. I got to have the black checkered grips, though.

Let's hope this year yet, like Fall timeframe.

See Yeaw

Dale53

Blackhawk
I have a Ruger 5½" .44 Lipsey Special. I am MORE than happy with it. I actually prefer the Bisley grip (and stainless steel, for that matter) but I will NOT be buying the new one. You see, I have become ATTACHED to my present flattop - it is a WONDERFUL shooter and I will NOT be getting rid of it ("I'll take the girl home that I brung to the dance" :D ).

However, I believe it is a really good move on Lipsey and Ruger's part for the shooters. It'll give another bunch of good people (us) an opportunity at a wonderfully nice handgun. That is nothing BUT good for the sport.

Dale53

VAdoublegunner

Single-Sixer
I like my 5.5" SS Acusport Bisley in 45 Colt/45ACP. It is a good field gun with the right weight and balance, but I just can't get excited about a Bisley flattop 44 Special. Besides, I already have a pair of the 4 5/8" Lipsey's 44 Specials anyway and I like them fine. A bisley grip would seem to make it too bulky, taking away some of the balance and lightness I like in them. Maybe with a longer barrel for a range/target gun it would tempt me.

Now, when they come out with a stainless version of the standard grip model, I am a goner...just gotta figure out what to sell to raise the funds.

KWYJIBO

Blackhawk
VAdoublegunner":17vmg7qi said:
...Now, when they come out with a stainless version of the standard grip model, I am a goner...just gotta figure out what to sell to raise the funds.

I would love one of these... a flat top Blackhawk in stainless. With the Plow handle grip. Preferably high gloss polish. In .357 or .45 Colt--I don't shoot 44s.

Hey, Ruger: If you make it, I'll buy one--I promise!

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
VAdoublegunner":2hqpk4bz said:
I like my 5.5" SS Acusport Bisley in 45 Colt/45ACP. It is a good field gun with the right weight and balance, but I just can't get excited about a Bisley flattop 44 Special. Besides, I already have a pair of the 4 5/8" Lipsey's 44 Specials anyway and I like them fine. A bisley grip would seem to make it too bulky, taking away some of the balance and lightness I like in them. Maybe with a longer barrel for a range/target gun it would tempt me.

Now, when they come out with a stainless version of the standard grip model, I am a goner...just gotta figure out what to sell to raise the funds.
Lipsey's already has a stainless non-Bisley version on their website...

I too wonder about the balance and bulk of the Bisley version, but I guess I'll have to find out. I've got "41 Magnum"'s extended grip panels on my regular model, which at least makes the grip more comfortable for me.

-- Sam

Hammer

Single-Sixer

Have two of the Lipsey Ruger Bisley Flattop 44 Specials on order.

One 4¾ inch

One 5½ inch

Fowler

Single-Sixer
Oh they can be ordered, picked up my 5 1/2" Bisley Flat top yesterday... :D :D :D

mhblaw

Blackhawk
Picked up my Bisley Flat top 44 special 5.5" last Thursday morning and had it at the range that afternoon. Nice! My first experience with a Bisley frame and I like it! For those who keep track of this stuff, S# 520-20051 and fired case dated 12-15-09.

Fowler

Single-Sixer
My S# ends in -20054 I don't remember the first part but I am sure it is the same, the case was also Dec 15. There is a bit of a scratch on the back of the grip frame in the bluing and a couple of dents in the laminated grips, a bit disappointing but I figure I will do worse in the field with it later...

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
patrick_ford":27pngkeh said:
So are these Bisley's available now or is there a particular date they can be ordered?

Thanks,

Patrick
The answer to that one is a big, "I don't know". I haven't been interested enough to try to track one down. When I got my Lipsey's blue model I lucked into a post on this forum directing me to a dealer who had them in stock.

You need to find a Lipsey's dealer and see if they can get the gun from Lipsey's yet. It appears on Lipsey's site, with "image coming soon". Here's the link. That's the 4-5/8" stainless one; I no longer see the 5.5" one in stainless, if I ever did... So you need to ask your dealer with Lipsey's access to order their model #RUKNVB444SPCL.

FWIW, I got some feedback that indicates those of us waiting for a stainless Bisley .44 Special model are not waiting in vain. No promises, but that was nice to hear.

The reason I want this one myself is that I already have stainless Bisleys in 5.5" (.45 convertible Accusport) and 7.5" (.44 mag SBH Hunter), so I "need" the 4-5/8" stainless .44 Special to round out the collection. ;)

-- Sam