Lipsey's 44 Spl Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ndcowboy

Blackhawk
They are mostly sold, but a gun shop somewhere has one on the shelf. However, they will be a regular production item in 2010 and beyond, so it shouldn't be hard to get one.

Vic

Bearcat
I know they are listed in the 2010 catalog.....was just wondering. At least this way someone around here may have one on the shelf where I can hold it for awhile, which hasn't been the case with the Lipsey's Exclusive.

Regards, Vic

TWalker

Bearcat
Why doesn't Ruger just list these 44 Specials in their catalog and sell direct to dealers without first doing an "Exclusive Run" through Lipsey? I bought one as a shooter at suggested retail. I should have waited and saved some money. Many thought the 44 Specials would be a limited run and now we discover it's just another cataloged piece. If Ruger wants to sell a limited run to Lipsey's, I feel they shouldn't sell the exact model later through regular channels. I have probably bought my last Lipsey's exclusive gun.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
TWalker":1dk7t615 said:
Why doesn't Ruger just list these 44 Specials in their catalog and sell direct to dealers without first doing an "Exclusive Run" through Lipsey? I bought one as a shooter at suggested retail. I should have waited and saved some money. Many thought the 44 Specials would be a limited run and now we discover it's just another cataloged piece. If Ruger wants to sell a limited run to Lipsey's, I feel they shouldn't sell the exact model later through regular channels. I have probably bought my last Lipsey's exclusive gun.

Lipsey's is supposed to know all Ruger's got in the pipeline? They like any distributor contracts for their special runs and it's very likely the contracted their .44 specials quite some time ago to get it in the production schedule. Ruger will sell what they can - it's business. Seems like you'd rather have one of the most in-demand models of the past couple years remain difficult to get for everyone that couldn't get one before? Buying anything as an investment is always a risk and buying anything "limited" is the same risk. Life is a gamble - can't fret over it. :)

embalmer883

Bearcat
I'm gonna make an offer, good for only one person! I'll buy your regularly cataloged blued flattop 44spc 4 5/8th barrel so you can buy one of the highly coveted SS models. Just let me know where to send the $300's.

Dave T

Single-Sixer
I bought a 5-1/2" version. Don't know if it's a Libsey or regular production. Cylinder is turned but I haven't fired it yet. Been trying to sell it and have had no luck locally. Dealers either say no or are insulting. Haven't found an individual who wants one.

I didn't buy it as an investment. I was just very disappointed in the feel of the New Model action and bought some OMs instead. I don't think these things are going to be "investments" for quite a few years.

Dave

Dale53

Blackhawk
I definitely did NOT buy my .44 Lipsey Special for an investment. I am VERY happy with mine. I had a trigger job done but that is all. It is smooth, and is an excellent shooter in every way. This was shot standing at 25 yards:

img063.jpg

It is a definite keeper! Probably one of the best field revolvers a feller (or gal) could ever have (fun not only on the target range but "where it counts").

FWIW
Dale53

Hammer

Single-Sixer
Am very disappointed with my Lipsey 44 Specials.

Thought they would make up for my aging eyes and hands.

But they haven't.

Don't shoot them any better (or worse) than my other Rugers.