Lipsey's 44 Special

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jefats

Bearcat
I became a new Lipsey's 44 Special owner this weekend. I've been watching them off and on for the past year or so but no one in my area had any.

While visiting my grandchildren this weekend in a small town in Northeast Mississippi, my wife told me she saw a mailer that a local gun dealer I frequent was having a Ruger sale in case I wanted to go.

Upon entering the establishment you can understand my surprise when I was greated with a handshake by Mike Fifer, CEO Ruger. Also, the Lipsey's sales team from Baton Rouge were on hand as well.

We visited for 30 minutes or so about various gun topics, new products, Africa hunts etc, afterwhich Mr. Fifer produced the 4-5/8" Lipsey 44 Special I had called about earlier and asked them to hold for me, the only one they had in stock. As a bonus to all this hoopla, the gun was at a drop dead sales price too.

I always figured I'd put one of these in the stable but hadn't figured it would take the big guns of Ruger/Lipsey's to close the deal. It won't be a safe queen but it will have that special memory of how it got here

DSC01643.jpg

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
What a GREAT story!

Cool thing to is that you were there to pick up that 44 special! Hopefully your enthusiasm left a lasting impression on him...The old timey Ruger folk need to be remembered with the new direction the company is taking of late.

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Nice story, thanks for sharing.

I_Like_Pie":3egifcfn said:
What a GREAT story!

Cool thing to is that you were there to pick up that 44 special! Hopefully your enthusiasm left a lasting impression on him...The old timey Ruger folk need to be remembered with the new direction the company is taking of late.

+1!

-- Sam