LGS LIED

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mdmaysp95

Bearcat
my lgs lied to me today. after 15 years of business with them. dont know what to do. new model sr9 blacken stainless.look just like the one i was carrying. said it was new modle. could not see any diffrence.called them on that,they said new internal componets inside. any heard about this?

Leucoandro

Single-Sixer
All I can think is that when the SR9 was originally released, it did not have the glock trigger. They did a recall and changed to a glock trigger, and changed some internal components.

Maybe he was trying to say that it came with the changes vs. being one that was recalled for the changes?

Charlie

blume357

Hawkeye
Or maybe it's an earlier new one that got and then was sent back for the recall and now they've got it back?

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
Leucoandro":1fjqyp0q said:
Maybe he was trying to say that it came with the changes vs. being one that was recalled for the changes?
This was my thought. I too have been dealing with the same GS for 15 years, and can't imagine my guy outright lying to me after all that time. Misinformed, yes. There's a lot of that out there. I've had to supply my guy with information more than once, to clarify what I'm talking about. We here on the forums often know a lot more details about the particular guns we're looking at than the guys who sell 300 different models at any one time.

-- Sam

Mike J

Hunter
There was a link posted here a while back to a blog about the SR9C. The article there said they had reworked the trigger for the SR9C. They said Ruger was going to start using the new trigger in the SR9's from now on but it would not be backwards compatible. In other words it would not work with the preexisting SR9's. This pistol might have that trigger in it. It is supposed to be much improved from the earlier SR9 triggers.