Lett all Wood GP -100 grips.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
How rare are the smooth rosewood grips for the GP-100? I recently came across 2 pairs and another almost identical pair that fits a security six. All are smooth with no chekering and have a small silver ruger medallion like the one normally found on the Redhawk grips. The Gp-100 grips have an almost identical contour to the rubber grips with insert. The Security six grips are oversize and look almost identical in size and shape to the Gp-100 grips except they leave the backstrap exposed. I had previous to this only seen the custom Lett offerings in a catalog never in person. Any info on history,rarity, value etc. appreciated.

hittman

Staff member
Now that I see your picture, I do remember those on a Security Six or two. No idea about price or rarity but I wouldn't mind trying a set on a Security / Service or Speed Six if some show themselves locally!

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
No idea about the gp-100 , but it wasnt all that long ago when Ruger was blowing them out on clearance on the website. They were offered in six packs of grips too and if I recall they were around $15 per pair.

mhblaw

Blackhawk
I believe that Lett has been out of business for several years. I have a couple of sets of laminated grips for a Blackhawk, very nice.

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Rugerjunkie those blowout grips on the website were the checkered target grips for the security six. Not these more rounded smooth grips. I have some of those too.

Latest posts