Lets talk 10mm.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
RaisinRiverRon said:
The only thing I don't care for is that it ejects the spent cases into the next county.
Mine did that until I called Kimber and asked(!) if it might be a weak
recoil spring. Having ASKED rather than telling him anything (beyond
symptoms) he was very nice, explained what I thought would be the
problem and sold me three (that's the way they are packaged) new
recoil springs. NO problems since. :D

Please excuse the EMPHASIS on asking, when talking with Kimber.
They get a plethora of calls with people TELLING them what is wrong
and not alway correctly. :shock: Thus asking puts them at ease. 8)

:D

hpman66

Hunter
RoninPA said:
hpman66 said:
Just came across this and passing it on:

http://ontargetmagazine.com/2015/11/top-long-slide-10mm-hunting-pistols/
Top Long-Slide 10mm Hunting Pistols
By Bill Battles - Nov 11, 2015

I read that article and found it interesting that they mentioned the cost of the first 2 ($2000+) but when they reviewed the RIA, which got good reviews, they didn't mention the price (a lot less than 2K) :D

If I ever wanted to get a 1911 style 10mm, I think RIA would be my choice if the cost was my major concern(AND IT IS! :mrgreen: )

cas6969

Buckeye
Pat-inCO said:
RaisinRiverRon said:
The only thing I don't care for is that it ejects the spent cases into the next county.
Mine did that until I called Kimber and asked(!) if it might be a weak
recoil spring.

My gun has a 26lb recoil spring, I can't even lock the slide back by hand and it still throws them way too far. :lol:
I'm going to go to a 25lb main spring next time I order some parts and drop the recoil spring down some. (which is what I should have done in the first place but sometime you just aren't thinking) :wink:

sliclee

Single-Sixer
CAS-if your 100% sure and know where to buy new spring,try this: remove spring in gun, wipe dry, with wire cutter remove one full coil from spring,take small file and smooth the edges of the spring going back into the gun, make sure the edges are smooth before replacing. See haw it works. Lee

cas6969

Buckeye
I've got 16, 17, 18, 22 and maybe a 24 laying around, so there's no need to cut things shorter. :D (which I wouldn't do anyway).

Already have a flat bottom stop, just no idea what the hammer spring is. Cheap enough to be sure by replacing it with a known rating.

Latest posts