Let me see your Vaquero

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DDubya

Single-Sixer
Here are my CAS guns, a pair of .44 Special Vaqueros with 4 5/8" barrels and consecutive serial numbers.

Vaqueros1Custom.jpg

dougader

Hunter
Rafsob said:
Hey Doug, Do you have to have one of the good gunsmiths convert a Vaquero to this Montado version???

My gun started life as a New Vaquero/Montado. Alan Harton fit the birdshead grip, the S&W adjustable rear sight and Alan's custom front sight base and patridge post. He also gave me a buttery smooth action job with a light, crisp trigger. The Colt style crescent moon ejector rod buttonwas also added, as well as the black powder chamfer.

Alan is considered one of the best gunsmiths around. I wouldn't trust just anyone with work Alan did for me, especially the rear sight addition.

This is a before pic:

i-Ns6bqNc-M.jpg

Quiet 1

Single-Sixer
WOW! What an assortment of beautiful shootin' irons. And, the photos are superb. Art gallery quality. Thanks to all for sharing.

I've got six Ruger Single Actions revolvers but only one, just acquired, Vaquero. It's a Montado .357 pictured here with a Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum.

Forgive the pedestrian arrainged, poor quality photo which pales in comparison to others here. :D

file_zpsd9feed35.jpg

Joe S.

Hunter
357 original model. 4 5/8" bbl. CCH frame. really want a 9mm cylinder for it now!

The pig sticker is from Louie Lloyd out of Byram, MS. we have 3 of his knives and they are TOP shelf!!
D944D8D0-0117-4F7E-89E6-56A9F289C6CD-2316-0000022CCF029D31.jpg

Next Vaquero is gonna need to be a 4 5/8" 44 special. Then maybe a 45 convertible.

wproct

Single-Sixer
We'll never pass up an opportunity to re-post pics of our ruger single actions! :D
008-2.jpg

pharmuse

Bearcat
buckshot said:
pharmuse

I LOVE the Vaqueros! Makes me want to find a mate for my 45 colt. How do they shoot in 40 s&w?
I cant say. They were supposed to be unfired when I bought them. One is questionable, the other just has the powder mark around the face of 1 chamber as it left the factory.
These were "investments" as I knew just how rare they were and thought they would make good trading fodder in the future. 8)

I have the buckeyes and the 10mm shoot like champs. The 40 should do the same.