Lemonade from lemons with a carbine international.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TGS1

Bearcat
So this rifle came through damaged from UPS. The pieces were there, minus one little sliver, but even once back in place, the repair would have been very noticeable.
Plan B...try to find a red Ruger pad, no luck. What I was able to find was a black one....Ruger marking and all. I'm happy with the outcome despite the original let down when I saw the pieces fall out the box from shipping.

Here's the original before shipping
ruger mannlicher.jpg

This is how I received it
ruger5.jpg

The pieces that fell out of the box
ruger6.jpg

The repair
ruger7.jpg

ruger8.jpg

The final product
ruger9.jpg

BearBiologist

Buckeye
So this rifle came through damaged from UPS. The pieces were there, minus one little sliver, but even once back in place, the repair would have been very noticeable.
Plan B...try to find a red Ruger pad, no luck. What I was able to find was a black one....Ruger marking and all. I'm happy with the outcome despite the original let down when I saw the pieces fall out the box from shipping.

Here's the original before shipping
View attachment 8502

This is how I received it
View attachment 8503

The pieces that fell out of the box
View attachment 8504

The repair
View attachment 8505

View attachment 8506

The final product
View attachment 8507
Good save=looks great!

RC44Mag

Buckeye
Beautiful Mannlicher carbine and flawless fix. Kudos
Got my 66 Mannlicher 44 a couple months ago and has the butt chipped off in the same place Unfortunately I don't have the pieces to try and repair.

So this rifle came through damaged from UPS. The pieces were there, minus one little sliver...]

UPS can be hard on firearms. I once purchased a nice old shotgun from an FFL in another state; I had done business with him before, and knew him to be a straight shooter, who also packed the heck out of any firearm he shipped. When the shotgun arrived at the receiving FFL, the walnut stock was literally in pieces - kind of looked like UPS had run a truck or a forklift over it. Thank God for insurance...
:)