Leg of Lamb

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sixshot

Buckeye
Its funny, as we get older how our tastes change. I never use to like lamb when I was younger but now I love lamb chops. I picked up a couple of legs of lamb, if you've done this you know what they cost! The bigger one was 8-9 lbs & thats the one I dropped on the gas grill.
First I made a bunch of slits in the fatty part, after trimming much of the fat first. In the slits I put slivers of garlic, & rosemary sprigs, some people also use olives, I didn't. Using a brush of rosemary leafs I basted the entire piece with olive oil, crushed rosemary, salt & pepper.
My gas grill has 3 burners, I lit all 3, got everything hot & then placed the lamb on the far left burner & then turned the left & middle burner off. This gave me a constant temp of about 350 degrees. Every half hour I would baste the lamb with olive oil, salt & pepper, yum.
After 2 hours I had an enternal temp of 160 degrees, about medium, pulling the lamb off the grill I let it rest for 15 minutes while I rounded up some fighting gear (a fork) didn't need a knife. I told the grandkids it was pork, they dove in like wolf pups, didn't take long to slick it up. A few dutch oven taters & a bisquit & I felt like a seal. Pretty good fathers day present, even if I had to do it myself.

100_3326.jpg

Dick

contender

Ruger Guru
Now that just makes my mouth water.
It's good to see you posting pics & stories again on your cooking. I have no doubt the boys all enjoyed it.

Looks deliciulous. I love lamb always have. When I was little my parents bought a half a lamb and passed it off as hamburger so I'm told. Doesn't matter it tastes better and I believe better for you than beef.

M'BOGO

Buckeye
You know how to live sixshot!

Check out some of the Mid-East lamb recipes. Mouth Watering, using some spices that will blow your mind! Shish Kafta comes to mind, think meatloaf kabobs. Locally, resteraunts sell Super Kafta sandwich's, which wrap a kabob in pita, with hummace and tabbuli. Sooo much tastier than a burger.