• no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RugerSP101

Single-Sixer
Bucks Owin said:
I expect you'll agree that using a dipper involves some technique to achieve consistent results.
Wow.
You again destroy your entire whining point about the dippers, friend, by AGREEING that it IS POSSIBLE to 'achieve consistent results' with the dippers.
Can you even speak without contradicting your fallacious viewpoint ???

I wonder who would have more 'technique' to use a dipper and 'achieve consistent results'....the guy who DOESNT use them EVERY time....or the guy who DOES use them EVERY time ;)

Without a scale to verify, there is no way in hell of having more than a "rough idea" of what gets dumped in the case. A "6.2 gr scoop" for instance might end up 6.4 grs, might be 6.1 grs, 5.9 grs etc....Who knows without a way to verify?
Firstly youre exaggerating the issue for effect.

Secondly *IF* the desired charge is well within the acceptable median parameters then a variance of a few tenths of a grains IS acceptable given the FACT that SOME RECIPES out there call for AS LOW AS 4.5 grains when using a powder like Unique that is a lot more forgiving that some other, more volatile brands.
Yet ANOTHER reason I chose to use Unique.... ;)

Huh..imagine that...see what a little RESEARCH gets you ;)

You seem to have come to the delusional conclusion that some of us didnt spend WEEKS researching the facts before making logical decisions.
Using the dippers I do, given the bulk of Unique, there is NO WAY a person that isnt either blind or stupid could be off by enough with a Lee dipper to do anything to their gun.
If said person is blind or stupid enough to do so, then a scale is not going to help said person much. They need to stay completely away from hazardous materials....and maybe should consider a padded room upstate somewhere just to be sure.

If having your (less than max) ammo go "bang" and the bullet leaves the muzzle is good enough, that's fine with me....
Thousands of very consistent rounds so far, not a single mischarged round.
And you ?
you have have a round NOT do what it was supposed to do using your scale, pal? ;)
Tell the truth now.
45 years and you HAVENT had a round go wrong? ;)

Flash

Buckeye
wow, this is an argument that's pointless. A dipper is fine for handgun charges since that's exactly what a powder dispenser uses, the space the powder occupies. The only difference between a dipper and a dispenser is the force with which the dipper is pushed through the powder. Different everytime with the dipper. A baffle in a powder measure controls the effect of the powder above the charge bar to maintain a constant charge. A scale simply shows how accurate the dippers are. Lee dippers are extremely accurate.

RugerSP101

Single-Sixer
wixedmords said:
Seems like you two could get a room. ;)
Maybe some sexual frustration IS the issue here.
BO, would you like to get a room? ;)
It's a shame it continues and neither is capable of walking away.

I have asked this guy more than once to just leave it alone.
He's obsessed.

RugerSP101

Single-Sixer
Flash said:
wow, this is an argument that's pointless.
Amen. Preach it, brother (sister?).
A dipper is fine for handgun charges since that's exactly what a powder dispenser uses, the space the powder occupies. The only difference between a dipper and a dispenser is the force with which the dipper is pushed through the powder. Different everytime with the dipper. A baffle in a powder measure controls the effect of the powder above the charge bar to maintain a constant charge. A scale simply shows how accurate the dippers are. Lee dippers are extremely accurate.
Well said.

Now, Im going to go back to beating my head against the wall hoping that someone will just finally let this go.....ie NOT keep making new threads about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.