LCRx 327 magnum , will it happen ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

planetcat

Single-Sixer
JOHNEVERETTSMITH said:
I am hoping it will happen , what do you all think ?
That would be a nice configuration for that pistol. I'd buy one if I didn't already have the regular lcr in .327.

32magfan

Blackhawk
I think it would be an excellent "kit gun" in that configuration. Lightweight, good power but more controllable than a .357.

I would buy one but then I am the ultimate "moth to the flame" when it comes to Ruger and 32's / 327's.

While we are at it, how many 32 sized holes will fit in a Redhawk cylinder? 9 or 10? I have also been wondering when we will see a Flattop convertible in 32-20 and 327. Surely 7 rounds will fit in the cylinder since it did in Single Seven. I really would like one of these.

Thanks for getting me dreamin'....

32Magfan

32shooter

Blackhawk
I will agree with 32magfan on the 3'' LCR and the Flattop convertible, I would have one if they made it. The Redhawk, not so sure on that one. Bring em' on.

howl

Bearcat
I would rather have a 4" LCR .327 than my SP101 .327, but I have no interest in the LCRx in a .32 nor any in a .327 shorter than 4". This is kind of where I part ways with Ruger on the .32s.

A snub nose .32 H&R like my 432PD is great for pocket carry. The LCR in .327 is too big for pocket carry and the barrel is too short for the .327. I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't see a use for the LCRx other than as a rimfire kit gun.

Terry T

Buckeye
The difference in performance with the .327 mag. between a 2" barrel and a 3" barrel is significant. It's MUCH better!
Yes, I'd like a 3" LCRx in .327 mag. :D
Terry T

RonS

Single-Sixer
I'd like to have both the snubby and the adjustable sighted LCRx but I won't invest in the caliber until I can get the 3" LCRx. Ideal would be to the a 2" LCRx and a 3" adjustable as well but I doubt that will happen.

I try not to bombard the Tell the CEO site with requests for the same stuff but I am tempted to make my case a second time.

glenncal1

Bearcat
Cordite said:
glenncal1 said:
If you like .327, you need a .327 GP100. Just sayyin'.

Ya but finding one of those at a reasonable price is like finding hen's teeth. I want one anyway... :)

Cordite

Yes- I got lucky and was able to trade a Smith Model 14 for my GP100. I had about $500 in the Smith and it was probably currently worth $750 or so. The GP100 was worth it IMHO. I have been looking for a shooter grade Smith 16-4 to have reamed for the .327 cartridge for several years with no luck. I Have a 4" 16-4 but it is too nice to alter.

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
I started with the .38spl. I traded it in for the .357 mag. when it was available. Since then I got an LCR in .22 lr and then the .327 Love all three of them.

The .22 is the funnest of the bunch. Good cheap way to practice gun handling and operating skills.