LCRx 3" and Friend

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Edmo

Bearcat
I was out scouting around several of the local wildlife management areas this weekend and took along this combo...

Nice light weight carry gun and a great woods knife.

Edmo

image_zpsesem8df8.jpeg

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Nice setup. Is that knife a Buck Vanguard with a micarta handle? Do tell. How's that 3" LCR shoot too?

Edmo

Bearcat
planetcat said:
Nice setup. Is that knife a Buck Vanguard with a micarta handle? Do tell. How's that 3" LCR shoot too?

I'm a snubby fan and the LCRx shoots very nice. It initially points low if you are used to the grip angle on S&W J frame snubbies, but it isn't anything you can't overcome. Recoil is very manageable even with +P rounds. The weight is so light I forgot I had it on my belt!

The knife is a Buck Selkirk. Nice knife. It comes with the plastic sheath which can be switched easily from right to left to horizontal carry. I think it is going to be my new "woods knife". The only issue I had with it is where it is made...China.

Edmo

http://www.buckknives.com/product/selkirk-knife/0863BRS-B/

Still looks like a nice knife. I guess that's their "Walmart knife". Nice to have the striker and whistle. I have a couple of LCR's may have to find me a 3". That appeals to me. Not like I need it with 3 SP101's and various other guns. Plus I wish they would bring it out in 357 Mag. I tend to prefer a little edge in the woods.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
Edmo said:
planetcat said:

I'm a snubby fan and the LCRx shoots very nice. It initially points low if you are used to the grip angle on S&W J frame snubbies, but it isn't anything you can't overcome. Recoil is very manageable even with +P rounds. The weight is so light I forgot I had it on my belt!

The knife is a Buck Selkirk. Nice knife. It comes with the plastic sheath which can be switched easily from right to left to horizontal carry. I think it is going to be my new "woods knife". The only issue I had with it is where it is made...China.

Edmo

http://www.buckknives.com/product/selkirk-knife/0863BRS-B/
Very cool. If that LCRx came in .357, I'd have to have an SP101, GP100 and LCRx. So many choices. I guess I could load up the .38 spcl in the current offering. :)