LCRx 3" 44 Spl

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I don't think that a current LCR could be modified to 44 Special. But I'd love an updated version of the Bulldog from Ruger. A lightweight 44 special snubbie and kit gun may not sell well but I'd certainly buy 'em.

Rclark

Hunter
For me, the flattop .44 Special already makes a good trail gun. Now the Bulldog makes a good in-town carry gun. So, Ruger would have to make a Bulldog style revolver. I have the GP100 .44 Special, and it is a tank in comparison As above, I don't think the LCR could be that platform.

hittman

Staff member
The SP101 would be a better possible fit.
But …. As heavy as the SP is, you might as well carry a Speed Six ~ K Frame size ~ gun.

Virginia Boy

Bearcat
Does anyone else think a 3" LCRx 44 Spl would make for an excellent trail gun?
Would such a conversion be possible? If so, who's willing to give it a go?
With the recoil that the .38 special has in the LCRs, I don't think I would like shooting a .44Special in one.

TREE 'EM

Bearcat
My son has been shooting my LCRx 3" 38+P with full house loads since he was 10 without recoil issues, so I don't think a .44 Spl will be all that bad. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'd sure like to find out.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
By the time you're done making one you are gonna have something as big and fugly as a S&W 296.

Last edited:

DutchV

Bearcat
I know this will be a dirty word but Taurus Tracker in 44Mag is already smaller than a K frame and mine shoots 44Spl reloads quite well.

My .44 Tracker is decent. The barrel could be shortened by an inch or so to remove the muzzle brake and make it more compact,