LCR-Xmas present to me

Help Support Ruger Forum:

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
After thinking the only Ruger revolvers that interested me were the SA's, I broke down and bought an LCR today. The serial number is 540-00750 and the date on the casing envelope is 10/22/2009.

It has the "Ruger Rattle" and the best DA pull I've ever felt.

The LCR may be just a tad too large for me to pocket carry. That remains to be seen. I still have my Centennial Airweight if that turns out to be the case. I can still use it as a belt and HD gun.

I plan on giving the gun a testfire tomorrow.

Hope Trijicon offers nite sights soon as I don't care for the XS.

rhatimi

Bearcat
Congratulations on your purchase, let us know how she shoots. And post some pics!

I hope you're as pleasantly surprised as I was on your first shooting outing with the LCR. It taught me just how imporrtant an outstanding trigger is, especially on a lightweight snubby like the LCR. Now when I have flyers, I know it's just me. Th LCR is a terrific, fun shooter. A serious revolver. But still butt-ugly. I love it.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
I pick mine up Monday from Cabelas. Did not need it but the deal was to good. I got it for $375 out the door. It was on sale for 429 then they had a promotion of 85 dollars off a purchase over 400. So I was happy.

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
Was gonna go shoot it this morning but am currently rained out. Maybe this afternoon. If not, I have to wait until next weekend!

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
Still haven't got to shoot it yet. But I've played with it enuff that it is too large for pocket carry for me. It just doesn't draw from the pocket with the smoothness of my Centennial Airweight.

That's OK, I'll use it for belt carry and HD.

I'm a small framed guy and bigger guys with pants that have bigger pockets than mine may find the LCR carries fine in a pocket.

winterwood

Single-Sixer
Have had mine several weeks now and I really like it. It has become my first choice for CCW. The trigger takes a very short time to get used to and the sight picture is OK even for my older eyes.
I am using one of the Simply Rugged pancakes made for it and it is lacking in nothing. It is comfortable and secure. I usually carry strong hand right cross draw. I got the IWB straps and it works out just right for me.
At six-five and 350 lbs, I take up most of a car seat. I can still reach and draw easily and have even used the IWB straps to attach to the lap belt on longer trips. The snaps are easy on/easy off and the holster can be moved toward the center of the belly for maximum room and comfort.
Great revolvers, and when combined with leather like the Simply Rugged, great CCWs. 8)

thedragon.blue

Bearcat
great X-mas present to yourself. glad to hear the stellar reviews here. a few days ago i was flipping through the Ruger catalog and the LCR caught my eye. the gun shop i am buying my GP100 from has an LCR as well, and i figure eventually i will pick one of the LCRs up for CC.

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
Shot my LCR the first time this morning. Ran 5 125 gr +P and a box of 125 gr range ammo thru it.

The DA trigger pull is great.

Gun shot the 125's to POA at 21'.

I expected a reduction in felt recoil from the LCR with it's stock Hougue grips as compared to my Centennial Airweight with Crimson Trace Lasergrips. Truth be told I didn't feel the LCR felt recoil was any less onery than that of the Centennial.

Since the LCR is too big for me to pocket carry I would like to see Ruger scale it up slightly and make a 5 shot 44 Special. I have "sent the CEO" that exact message. I urge anyone interested to do the same.

Since the LCR is too big for me to pocket carry I would like to see Ruger scale it up slightly and make a 5 shot 44 Special.

I normally carry a S&W M296. Five shot .44 Special on the L frame Centennial frame. 18.5 ounces empty. And you can't really say it was successful on the market despite the fact that I like mine!

If Ruger came out with their own version, I would probably buy it and give it a try. Can't have too many .44 Specials!

Gregg