LCR vs LCPMax

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
LCR for me.
~ Mainly cause I like revolvers more
~ I had horrible luck with all things in the LC semi auto line
~ Glock 43 is my semi auto when I switch things up

I grew up with revolvers and then when I started to become a gun 'enthusiast' bought a number of them... then inherited a Ruger P95 and went to the semi dark side*
So, I vote for the LCP.

*Even though I'm a semi-auto handgun fan... I really don't like Glocks.

If the Gun Gods came down and said I could only carry one gun and that would be a Snubby, it would not bother me one bit. I love shooting them. On the flip side is the fact I am a dedicated Pocket gun enthusiast. Have owned many LCP's, just bought another one. Mostly for a "Truck Gun". I carry the Beretta Pico and the Kahr P380. Summer the Keltec P32.
In anwer to the question, I would carry the LCP. Light weight, Small, fast, fantastic conceal ability.

s4s4u

Hunter
I can slide my LCRx between my belt and my belly Mexican style when I don't have time to holster up and it stays put and is nearly invisible.

magnum0710

Single-Sixer
That's a tough one, honestly I have to say I'd go with the LCR. Like Hittman I'm kind of turned off of the LC semi autos. I have an original LCP and its been good so far but I only have 200 rounds through it, time will tell on that one. My EC9s had to go back to the factory recently and I just don't think the LC semi autos are made to go thousands of rounds. I'd go for a 357 mag LCR and run 38+p in it. I'm sure it'd last a lifetime and there would be no worry of longevity.

bocash3

Bearcat
Having both an older LCP Custom with Red trigger and a new LCP Max, I carry the older LCP Custom. Slightly smaller for pocket carry AND I don't like the trigger pull on the Max. Am much more confident with the Custom and it has very nice sights. Trigger is like a double action revolver. I can consistently hit a volleyball at 15 yards with the little thing.
The Max will be sold.

I'm a dyed in the wool revolver man having my first revolver in 1958 and owning over 120. But preferring unnoticed convenient accessible pocket carry when out in public, the LCP Custom is my friend.

Last edited:

OMCHamlin

Single-Sixer
Which would you rather carry and why?
In "real life" I carry an LCP Max almost every day. The days I don't, I DO carry an S&W M&P 340, with the 1st 2 as CCI shot loads. I have owned several LCR .357 revolvers, the 2" was better then the 3" LCRx, but they are both gone, if that says anything?

I carry both the LCP Max .380 and an LCR .327 regularly. The Max fits in my pocket in the cheapo pocket holster that came with it, and the LCR in a sticky holster IWB for driving and short periods. When at home on the farm, the Max goes to the bedside lockbox and the LCR goes into a owb leather belt holster. I really like both guns. If I feel like I need a little more firepower, I go IWB with a Shield 45 or Shield Plus 9mm (both Performance Center, for whatever that's worth).

The first gun I ever shot was a .45 ACP 1911, at age 8. I prefer revolvers for their reliability, and simplicity of use, and generally shoot more potent rounds. That being said, on the farm I carry a Charter Arms .44 spcl, in town too if I don't dress up. When I dress up I go to my LCP MAX OWB carry or pocket carry, due to its lighter weight, and more rounds available. Each platform has its strengths and weaknesses. As for the LCR, I saw a .38 LCRx, and would have bought one if it had been in .357 mag. When I finally saw the LCRx in .357 mag, it had been ported, and that is a deal breaker for me.
gramps

Latest posts