LCR Troubles

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bjec1248

Bearcat
I've run a few hundred rounds thru mine, no worries so far. it's been great, except that now my wife wants me to buy her 1.

akadave

Bearcat
Just sent my LCR back to Ruger today. Flame cutting badly after about 500 rounds. Looks like some damage to the finish on the outside edge of the cylinder as well. Couldnt believe it but it happened.

Mine is in the same serial range mentioned earlier....540-055**

Damn shame...shoots better than my S&W M&P340 and carries nicely. Hope they fix it up so it doesnt re-occur.

Dave

akadave

Bearcat
madd-trapper":3h59squs said:
Have any pics of the damaged area?

Unfortunately no. Couldnt get it back to them fast enough. Its my main carry and I wanted to get it fixed as soon as possible. It was ugly though. A friend of mine put about 400 SWC lead rounds through it (over a period of weeks) and I got it and put about 50 Winchester target rounds through it. About 20 rounds of Winchester .38 +p. 5 rounds of Core Bon +P heavies and about 40 Gold Dot +p's. Took it home, cleaned it and freaked!

The cylinder exhibited either scarring or aluminum buildup on the outer edge of the cylinder throats. It basically ruined a good day at the range. I have an LCP that has a couple of hundred rounds through it no issue. I also have a few other Ruger products laying around so I know they make good stuff. This is not fluke or some guy that doesnt know lead buildup from cutting though.