LCR to the range - initial problems

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
Finely made it to the range with my new LCR. Being a confirmed pistol type
I did have a few small problems.
:(

1. mag would not drop free when release pushed. Ended up having to load in the round thingy that flops out. :x

2. lack of extra high cap mags, seems no one sells them. :?

After overcoming these initial problems I loaded and proceeded to try my luck. WOW :shock: I'm am happy, gun is very accurate at 17 yards and less, recoil is not near what i expected shot 50 and had to go get 50 more win 125 gr +p's from wally world. I'm thinkin this will get a lot of carry time and range testing ( fun shooting ). May have to get another 44 mag just so the little one has company

:roll: :roll: :lol:

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
Well, maybe it's good you loaded the cartridges into the little round thingy, since you can't get extra mags.

Unless you have extra loaded mags, that's the fastest way to reload, anyway.

Congrat's, and thanks for sharing the report. :)

Daryl

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
Welcome Daryl,

Honestly the LCR preformed very well, I held most of my shots within four inch groups and recoil management with the houge grips is excellent.
I was especially pleased with the trigger pull, its smooth and repeat shots returned to target with ease. With regular 38 spl's loads even the smallest of shooters should fine this a pleasant and fun weapon. I highly recommend it as an addition to any shooters collection

nn

Single-Sixer
Ok, who is going to ask ---------- LCR?
Picture please.

kd4rgwml

Single-Sixer
charger029.jpg

Ok, here it is along with it's friend the LCP, I gotta say that I'm liking the the LCR better :shock:

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
...my LCR has the same problem?

(I'm hoping there is a punch line.)

I had pretty much the same first impression with mine... I was amazed at the comfort and accuracy. I had a tough time deciding between the LCR and a little S&W. I am happy with my choice.