LCR in 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Otony

Blackhawk
Funny you should post this! A fellow came into the shop today to look for an LCR. I showed him the only one we have in stock at the moment, a .22 Magnum. He liked it but asked if we had any of the 9MMs yet.

Explained that Ruger didn't make an LCR 9, and he claimed to have seen one a day or two before at the local range?!? He was insistent, and didn't seem like a bubba or a blowhard.

I figure he is either A. Wrong. B. Saw a converted .38 Special. Or C. Saw a yet to be announced new product.

Notice the ranking of my list? It goes from highest probability first to lowest. I Hope like heck he was right though.....

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
I would prefer an six shot 32 H&R.

A 9mm LCR would interest me only if the frame and cylinder were scaled down to 9mm size.

ETA: S&W and Ruger have not had great success with their 9mm DA revolvers in the past. Moon clips are a hassle. And the chances for a 9mm AR (AKA 9mm Federal) are pretty slim. A 9mm AR would likely be as expensive as 38 SPL, defeating part of the purpose of the 9mm, which would be less expensive ammo.

Clarkston_cz

Single-Sixer
Myself and other LCR fans have been writing Ruger for a 9mm LCR for over a year.

I'd like to see a 9mm LCR as well as them bringing back the SP-101 9mm version.

Really no need to slim it down, as it might affect cylinder strength.

The LCR platform is perfect for .38/357 and even cheaper 9mm.

Ruger still thinks that there is No market for them, but 9mm revolvers, along with S&W and others command a premium price
IF you can find them these days.

Let the CEO know how you feel.

https://www.ruger.com/dataProcess/tellTheCEO.html

GaryA

Single-Sixer
I am almost certain I would buy a 9mm LCR, scaled down cylinder or not.

I really liked how the Ruger moon clips worked when they offered the SP101 in 9mm years ago.

I might buy two.

Latest posts