LCR grip or grip set for shorter vertical height?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Naphtali

Single-Sixer
I have small hands. My Ruger LCR wears Hogue Tamer™ grip. I'm trying to find a grip that, when installed, will reduce the LCR's vertical height. Since my SP101 wears a grip set that does not engage Ruger's designed-in fastener system, perhaps a custom grip maker or a commercial manufacturer offers a short grip set for LCR. Again, referring to SP101, my custom grip set affixes with a horizontal screw, while LCR's Hogue grip affixes vertically from the bottom. If I had to guess, any grip set that reduces LCR's height need be affixed via horizontal screw for this carry-much-shoot-little revolver.

Anyone who might be able to do what I have in mind — regardless of grip material and method of fastening — please furnish contact information.

recumbent

Buckeye
Would this one work for you?
https://www.hogueinc.com/handgun-grips/ruger-grips/lcr/enclosed/rubber/ruger-lcr-black-rubber-bantam-boot-tamer-cushion-grip-no-finger-grooves

hittman

Staff member
I use the Hogue LCR Bantam/Boot grip on my LCR. About $30 on Rugers web site.

gadget

Bearcat
I have CTC laser grips on mine, a bit pricey but has horizontal screws and is smaller all the way around. I too have VERY small hands and these work well for me.

V3cfVEl.jpg

By the way, the LCR22 is my favorite plinker/trainer for my short barrel guns. Pico, Khars, LCP, . I have a LCP 22 arriving tomorrow. I have been receiver orders every week of 22.cal. And 22.cal will be the next shortage. Better wake up and smell the coffee.