LCR coming in .357? Rumor

Help Support Ruger Forum:

clayflingythingy

Single-Sixer
A 357 steel framed (I don't think Ruger could offer a 357 with an aluminum frame?) LCR just isn't something I would be interested in altho I'm sure the 38 is too weak crowd will be overjoyed.

If Ruger would scale up the LCR slightly to make a Bulldog sized 44 Special I would be VERY interested.

maxpress

Buckeye
since the LCR is rugers new gun. and the .327 is there big news in rounds then ......um....six shot LCR? wink, wink, nudge, nudge, know what i mean.

bub

Single-Sixer
The problem is, if Ruger offered a steel framed, .357 LCR, it would be the same size and weight of the SP101. The SP is a proven design, so I don't see them making this. What I CAN see is redesigning the SP's lockwork to use the same DA system that the LCR uses to get that delightful DA pull.

Bub

Sugar River

Buckeye
When discussing the LCR with a Ruger engineer at the '09 SHOT, he emphasized to me the ease with which the modular design could be scaled to fit other cartridges.

A 357 wouldn't surprise me at all.

Pete

Ltdshooter

Single-Sixer
I for one would not want a featherweight 357. Any of you who have touched off a light 357 I'll bet feel the same way.

yamalink

Bearcat
My friend is chomping at the bit for the LCR 357. I will be there to witness the recoil love!

Yosemite Sam

Hunter
I no longer even shoot .357s out of my heavy, stainless S&W model 60. It's just not my idea of "fun". I can't imagine shooting them out of a super lightweight.

-- Sam

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
I figured someone would try to run a .357 chamber reamer through a LCR by now to see if it could take a 110gr. or 125gr. .357 like they did with the SP101 back in it's early days!

piratedude

Single-Sixer
Don't let the .357 haters get you down. It sounds like a GREAT idea to me. I'd like to get an LCR in .357.

95 percent of .44 special owners voted for Obama.

FACT!!!!

Real men love recoil.

mike7mm08

Buckeye
If this is true Son of a .... I just bought an LCR and love it just wished it had the ability for a little more firepower. Ruger is doing all it can to piss me off lately!!

Latest posts