LCR 357 - out to the range we go, with 38 spl and some .....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Flint Ridge

Bearcat
Well, you did not think I was going to let it sit a week without warming it up? Even though it is The Bride's birthday present. Our first revolver.

Comfortable handgun, well-balanced, slight weight advantage +4 oz over the 38 Spls. This one has the SS frame, which is what I prefer over the Aluminum. Very comfortable grips - Hogue Tamers, these handled recoil nicely in the 38's. Others will experience more recoil without this on the CT grips. Very nice trigger out of the box, I went ahead and dry fired 2,000 times and the other two chaps that fired it were really impressed with the trigger, (me too). Not found of the black on black sights, would like to upgrade to the XS big dot for the intended use of the Ruger.

Easy to control, smooth pull, nice cylinder lockup and a crisp, clean and light break in the final stage of the trigger. Mostly fired slow with the 38's at 7 yards. First time out, so I was not that accurate. But I did start getting comfortable enough after a box of WWB to toss in some 357 Magnum Remington's. Also fired this slow. Recoil was noticeably snappier, but nothing scary here. Sure, slower back on target. They sound was a big jump up and arrived with a nice shockwave to boot. My brother was not aware of the ammo change and gave me the sidways - what the .... glance. So here is the 357 target at 7 yards slow fire.

RugerLCR-357003.jpg

Hope to get the bride out tomorrow night shooting and will not be tossing in any 357's for her.

And no, I did not go to the range to shoot 55 rounds only. Also heated the Kahr P380, Sig 232sl, Mini-14 and an AR-10 8)

Flint Ridge

Bearcat
Oh, that's not really good shooting, but 1st time on a 357 revolver, I'll take it.

I am happy with it. Kind of fond of not worrying about the various semi-auto problems (think Sig P238). The gun felt really good, very pleased with the trigger pull and weight. Can't wait to shoot it again.

Probably the most noteable observation is that I do not recall the 38 spl recoil. But the 357 - yes, but I'll do it again. 38 special +P's would probably be the best carry round.