LCPII in .22LR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

5of7

Hunter
I was having a ton of trouble with this little bugger until I gave up and sent it back. When it came back (within a week) it was running like a champ, all the problems were gone.....until it didn't. A lot of misfires with ammo that had been working fine. So I decided that perhaps the firing pin was gummed in the little hole, so I removed the retaining pin and out popped the spring and the firing pin....in 2 pieces. I am torn between asking Ruger for another one, or buying an after market pin. Who makes these firing pins?

9x19

Hunter
Both of mine have been good, but it's Ruger's reputation for customer service that led me to own two.

5of7

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
I'd call Ruger and give them one more chance to make it right. JMHO :mrgreen:

I did call Ruger and sure enough they sent me a new firing pin, no charge. I installed it and now it is running fine again. In a side note; just on a hunch, I looked it over and noticed that there were 2 sharp edges on the end where the pin actually indents the case for firing. I took a fine hone and just broke the corners. I am not sure, but I think the dent is a little deeper now. In any event, I am having no problem with the ammo going off. Although, I think we all know that rimfire ammo it somewhat prone to having a dud once in a while due to lack of primer compound in the spot where the firing pin hits it. In some cases, I have actually taken the dud, and rotated it 180 degrees, and they will sometimes fire. There seems to be even more problems now that the ammo factories are working balls-to-the-wall with a lot of overtime. Just another reason to discourage people from relying on a rimfire for personal defense.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If you can find some Aguila Interceptor 40 grain ammo, buy it. This round clocks 1000 fps out of the short LCP barrel (I have chronographed it), is accurate, and has been centerfire reliable for me. With 10+1 of them on board you would not be unprotected, that's for sure.

Latest posts