LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

a454me

Bearcat
I'm interested in buying a LCP ,friend loaned me his to try out for a few days .I would like to get owners opinion either good or bad on your experience with one .I know I could do a search but this way I get current info .
thanks

Charger22

Bearcat
If you have the money go for it. This pistol is perfect and mine has been 100% from the get go.

Greater fit n' finish over the "other" gun.

revhigh

Hawkeye
Charger22":28hp6n6d said:
Greater fit n' finish over the "other" gun.

Judging from the ones I've seen, the 'fit and finish' is exactly the same between the Ruger and the Keltec ....

mwp4

Bearcat
I've had a LCP for almost a year and a half,and it has been totally reliable. It's a very handy little pistol, very easy to carry. I carry it often.

Mike

toysoldier

Hunter
I waited a year to get mine, and am very happy with it. It goes everywhere with me, and is easy to shoot. Just added a Crimson Trace laser, and am very happy with it, too.

hangtree

Bearcat
I have the LCP which I did send in for the recall. Never had any issues with it either before or after the recall. Ate everything that I have feed it so far.

Spike

Single-Sixer
a454me":swc45cla said:
friend loaned me his to try out for a few days ...

Aw! I HATE it when that happens!

Every time I go to visit my brother, I don't pack my gun with me you know, just because of the airlines hassle and whatnot, he opens his safe and we pick me something to carry for the duration (our two states have CCW reciprocity, don't ya know).

So I get to carry usually a new gun that I don't own one of personally for a few days to a week, then turn it back in before I go home...

Agony!

Last time I carried this sweet old SA Colt Mustang for awhile... Lucky he gave it to me... Don't know where I'd a found another one. :shock:

;)

-S

Edirty692

Bearcat
Very nice backup gun for me and like others have said, easy to carry. I put mine in my back pocket, and forget its there sometimes.

AZSR9fan

Bearcat
I, like so many of the others really enjoy my LCP with the Crimson Trace. It's my daily carry weapon. Only two "down-sides" as I see it: 1) .380 ACP ammo right now is either expensive or tough to find, and 2) because of the expense and/or scarcity of the ammo, it's tough for me to put the number of rounds through it at the range in order to feel totally proficient with it. I want to get enough practice with it, so that if I should ever have to use it defensively, I 'll feel more confident that I'll hit my intended target on the first shot.

MoHawk

Bearcat
I own 3 LCPs, 2 for me & 1 for my wife. My wife's is equipped with a CT Laser, 1 of mine has an ArmaLaser & the other I painted the front sight blade white. Even though they are mainly a CCW pistol, I still like to fire mine on a regular basis to stay proficent.

As other have mentioned, .380 ammo has been in short supply. Recently seems to be more available. I keep mine loaded with Cor-Bon DPX self defense ammo. For practice I use mostly WWB however it fires just about any ammo you can buy. The only ammo that I've had problems with is alum casing. I reload my brass & fire with no problems.

In my opinion it is one of the best sub-compacts you can buy for CCW.
Elsies.jpg

My next favorite CCW pistol, S&W 3913.
LSLCP.jpg

Jeff Quinn

Single-Sixer
The LCP is a very good pistol. I have two of them, and a kel-Tec, and the new Taurus TCP. All are good little .380 pocket pistols.