LCP vs armadillo

Help Support Ruger Forum:

toysoldier

Hunter
While on a pheasant hunt, the dogs ahead of us started tusselling with something. Thinking they had located a bird I had wounded earlier, the guide ran forward.
"Come up with your shotgun" he called. "They've got an armadillo".
They certainly did, and didn't want to let go. With him holding one dog and standing on the 'dillo's tail, I got hold of the other dog, pulled out my LCP, and fired once.
After separating the dogs from the dead critter, I said "I thought the pistol would be neater".
"I didn't know you had it" he replied.
"That's the point of concealed carry".

After a fine lunch of chili, he spotted another armadillo on the edge of his yard. A .17 Remington took care of it. Since I only harvested one bird, we ended up with more armadillos than pheasants. :?

ArmedinAZ

Buckeye
Having no experience with armadillos I'm curious if they're considered pests or do damage or something? Or are they like possums in Pa... just unlucky to be what they are? (a moving target)

SR9c

Bearcat
I saw one run over by a tank at Ft. Hood, TX back in the 60's and after the track rolled over it, it got up and ran off...(soft dirt, cut up by the tanks, or else it was "super armadillo")

slowrider

Single-Sixer
They can dig holes in your yard looking for grubs but It's minor and I have no reason to kill them on site. In fact, they are a joy to have around with their fierce looking armor. But really they are gentle animals and oblivious to much that goes on around them.

ArmedinAZ":2h8zsqpp said:
Having no experience with armadillos I'm curious if they're considered pests or do damage or something? Or are they like possums in Pa... just unlucky to be what they are? (a moving target)