LCP Recall/Upgrade

Help Support Ruger Forum:

8pointer

Single-Sixer
I finally got around to sending my LCP back to Ruger for the recall upgrade. I dropped it off at the UPS store last Friday. UPS showed up at my door this afternoon with the upgraded pistol. Less than a one week turn. Hard to argue with that service!

Cholo

Staff member
My LCP took a bit longer, but I had a Charter Arms Bulldog back in my hands 7 days from the time I shipped it back in '79; and this was before the UPS regulations. So I guess it's possible Ruger did it a day quicker...

revhigh

Hawkeye
I think they've finally caught up, so turn around time is shorter.

REV

8pointer

Single-Sixer
gatorhugger":1d6pc8d4 said:
How is that even possible? You are joking?

It happened. Six days from my shipment to return to my house. Their web site says "We have completely worked through the backlog of pistols awaiting the retrofit and are consistently returning pistols within one week of receipt, provided they have been returned solely for the retrofit. Pistols requiring work in addition to the retrofit will take slightly longer."

They delivered as promised.

ncvikingfan

Single-Sixer
revhigh":3e9qw7js said:
I think they've finally caught up, so turn around time is shorter.

REV

That is the key. They actually called me to ask if I needed another pre-labeled box. When, I sent mine in, it was received the next day. They kept it two days and shipped it back out per their recall web site. It was gone for probably 5 or 6 days.