LCP Opportunity

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hugh

Buckeye
Somebody local has an LCP never shot by owner for sale with 120 rounds ammunition, pocket holster, and belt holster for $295. This thing can be had face to face. Should I be interested? I am typically a Ruger revolver man. I wonder if someone has a photo of one in a fairly large hand. I have never even thought about this kind of little pistol. Don't even have a feel for size.

Is it double action. Does it have a decocking capability.

Thanks,

Cholo

Staff member
I'd jump on it if you're looking for an ultra light pocket pistol. I have XL hands and it's fine by me. It fits like my NNA's .380 but with a better trigger pull, much lighter of course. Some like the available finger extension magazines.

Hugh":11rutk7k said:
Somebody local has an LCP never shot by owner for sale with 120 rounds ammunition, pocket holster, and belt holster for $295. This thing can be had face to face. Should I be interested? I am typically a Ruger revolver man. I wonder if someone has a photo of one in a fairly large hand. I have never even thought about this kind of little pistol. Don't even have a feel for size.

Is it double action. Does it have a decocking capability.

Thanks,

Especially with 120 rounds of ammo, that's a pretty fair deal.

I have short fingers, but I have a wide hand and thick fingers. So, this gun does get somewhat lost in my hand. I still have absolutely no problem shooting it. Remember, (my opinion), this is a secondary weapon, and concessions can be made.

If this deal presented itself to me, right now, I'd be buying it.
http://www.ruger-firearms.com/LCP/Video.html

WAYNO.

Hugh

Buckeye
Hi Wayno,

Thanks for the information; it is very helpful. Typically I carry only one. If I need to carry two, one is a shoulder weapon. But that was in a very warm green place where my clothing had a bunch of pockets.

Hugh":racdkh4s said:
Hi Wayno,

Thanks for the information; it is very helpful. Typically I carry only one. If I need to carry two, one is a shoulder weapon. But that was in a very warm green place where my clothing had a bunch of pockets.

Actually, when I say secondary weapon, that's not completely accurate. I really mean, a secondary-type, or hide-out weapon, used as a primary weapon, when conditions are such that you cannot be carrying a "real" handgun.

This little .380 is a gun that very well fills the demands of "better than no gun at all". And I don't mean that, disrespectfully of this little gun. For the job this gun is suited for, it does it very well.

And, a little irony, here...I sold my LCP to somebody that really needed it, as I figured I'd be able to replace it, easily. Then, they got scarce, even for me! When they recently became available, again, the price had gone up, somewhat.:roll: S'pose I'll ever learn?

WAYNO.

81aggie

Bearcat
Sounds like a good deal for a never-shot gun. Is this the original owner? I've been thinking about getting an LCP for back-up or warm weather carry, see them every now and then. Best price I've seen is $319 and that's just for the gun. The only thing that stops me is that I haven't seen any .380 ammo on the shelf in months. Other calibers are making more regular appearances but I can't bring myself to buy a gun that I won't be able to feed :wink:

Hugh

Buckeye
81aggie":3gj4fl4q said:
Sounds like a good deal for a never-shot gun. Is this the original owner? I've been thinking about getting an LCP for back-up or warm weather carry, see them every now and then. Best price I've seen is $319 and that's just for the gun. The only thing that stops me is that I haven't seen any .380 ammo on the shelf in months. Other calibers are making more regular appearances but I can't bring myself to buy a gun that I won't be able to feed :wink:

Hi,

I've decided to sit this one out. Here's the link to the ad though:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad ... =185&lpid=

The price has been increased to $345. The seller is here in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Hugh

Buckeye
Edirty692":g5gf9wj1 said:
Tell him I'll take it if you dont. Looks like a GREAT deal to me!!!

Hi,

I'm not in communication with the seller.

nvbirdman

Blackhawk
Funny, I ran into the same deal a few months ago, but for fifty dollars more. I jumped on it first and beat out five other guys.

MountainGator

Single-Sixer
295 w/ ammo & pocket holster was a smokin' deal, 345 is not. $269 new in Billings MT (no ammo).

And NO, there is NO DECOCK capability, it is a DAO semi-auto.