LCP Max sent back to Ruger

Help Support Ruger Forum:

WRGADog

Bearcat
I was recently going to clean my LCP Max. I removed the twelve round mag but could not eject the live round from the chamber (Hornady Critical Defense) as the slide would not retract far enough to eject the round and lock back. After repeated tries I was finally able to remove the live round. Thinking it might be the ammo, I reloaded the magazine with Corbon ammo and tried again but got the same result. No problem retracting or locking slide back on empty magazine, but impossible to do when loaded. Sent the gun back to Ruger and requested they inspect and repair as necessary. Ruger customer service was superb. Received an e-mail from Ruger 2 days after my gun was received saying the repairs were complete. I called Ruger customer service and asked what repairs were made and was told the barrel and slide assembly were replaced, and 30 rounds were fired to verify proper functioning. Gun was shipped back to me today. I will go to the range next week after I receive the gun, and update this post afterwards. Again, Ruger customer service was superb!

kwh

Bearcat
I also had superb service on my SP101 327 Fed Mag. Wrote them a letter of appreciation

WRGADog

Bearcat
Received my LCP Max back from Ruger and took it to the range. I shot approximately 150 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense, Federal Hydra Shok, and Winchester white box. The gun worked fine, but the slide did fail to lock back after the last round two times. The LCP max is not a range gun for me, rather unpleasant to shoot, very snappy, trigger bite, and my accuracy with the gun is not what I want. So, more practice will be necessary to improve my accuracy. I love the size and capacity of the LCP, but until I improve, I will carry one of my other small pistols which I shoot more accurately (P365, PM9, Solo, Nano, G42).

hittman

Staff member
WRGADog said:
Received my LCP Max back from Ruger …..
- the slide did fail to lock back after the last round
- unpleasant to shoot
- trigger bite
- accuracy with the gun is not what I want.

You sir, have the patience of a Saint.
It'd be trade stock for me.

RUT

Single-Sixer
>>- accuracy with the gun is not what I want.>>

Let's face it...it's a belly gun! It was never meant to be a range gun or especially pleasant to shoot. I refer to mine (non "max") as my "last resort" gun.

harley08

Blackhawk
I was recently going to clean my LCP Max. I removed the twelve round mag but could not eject the live round from the chamber (Hornady Critical Defense) as the slide would not retract far enough to eject the round and lock back. After repeated tries I was finally able to remove the live round. Thinking it might be the ammo, I reloaded the magazine with Corbon ammo and tried again but got the same result. No problem retracting or locking slide back on empty magazine, but impossible to do when loaded. Sent the gun back to Ruger and requested they inspect and repair as necessary. Ruger customer service was superb. Received an e-mail from Ruger 2 days after my gun was received saying the repairs were complete. I called Ruger customer service and asked what repairs were made and was told the barrel and slide assembly were replaced, and 30 rounds were fired to verify proper functioning. Gun was shipped back to me today. I will go to the range next week after I receive the gun, and update this post afterwards. Again, Ruger customer service was superb!
Ruger has great Customer Service!! smith and wesson their Customer Service sucks! Do not buy S&W!!